University of Kentucky Grad School E-mail

cmd0117

Hi everyone,

I received this e-mail a couple weeks ago from the University of Kentucky:

Thank you for your recent application to the University of Kentucky Graduate School. As you consider the opportunity before you, we encourage you to continue to work with your Director of Graduate Studies as well as with your Admissions Officer.
Please let us know if we can be of service to you. As always, we wish you much success!

Sincerely,

Patricia A. Bond
Assistant Dean of Graduate Admissions

I haven't received a formal acceptance or rejection, what should I make of this?

Honestly, I don't think there's much to make of it. It sounds like a form letter that was probably sent out to all the applicants.However, it does encourage you to work with (i.e. be in contact with) your department, so that's good! Do you know whether the program has sent out acceptances/rejections? I don't know much of anything about medical masters programs, but if they have the April 15th deadline, it's likely that the program has already sent out their first round of acceptances. However, it is possible (though not likely) that you're on a silent waitlist or that they'll send out a second round of acceptances soon. Good luck!

Hi. It is definitely a form letter.  I received the same email back in December. I submitted my application on November 14 and received that email on December 11. It might be a monthly reminder that they are still reviewing applications/you still need to work on your application. My LORs weren't all submitted until Christmas day. Hopefully you hear back soon though. Turn around on my decision was between 15-25 days. Its hard to tell because of winter break and I don't know when the admissions committee returned (after Jan 1 or when classes started again)  

Additionally, there was a fellowship I needed to apply for by the beginning of January before I received my decision, and some fellowships required the dgs to nominate you. Therefore, they may be indirectly suggesting that you should look at those funding opportunities. But honestly I do not know. 

Luck, 

C.