PSU MSW 2 year in-person program - have you heard back?

luckyducky

Hi all!

I applied early decision to PSU's 2 year in-person MSW program.  I was wait listed. They are now considering my application in the regular decision pool.  

In short, I have been waiting a looooooong time.  

At this late date I am preparing for the worst.  (The worst would be a continuing wait list status; I see a plain rejection as an act of mercy).

Have people heard back from the regular decision in-person program one way or the other yet?  I'm trying to gauge my odds right now.  This was the only program I applied to and I'm beginning to think that an online program might be smarter (cheaper/more work-friendly) anyways....

PS.  Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!!

5 hours ago, luckyducky said:

Hi all!

I applied early decision to PSU's 2 year in-person MSW program.  I was wait listed. They are now considering my application in the regular decision pool.  

In short, I have been waiting a looooooong time.  

At this late date I am preparing for the worst.  (The worst would be a continuing wait list status; I see a plain rejection as an act of mercy).

Have people heard back from the regular decision in-person program one way or the other yet?  I'm trying to gauge my odds right now.  This was the only program I applied to and I'm beginning to think that an online program might be smarter (cheaper/more work-friendly) anyways....

PS.  Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!!

I applied for early decision as well, but I received my response Feb 13th. I turned it down pretty quickly after I heard back from UW about two weeks later. They were really hard to get ahold of and somewhat deflecting. The big hint I got was that I received a financial aid notice 24hr before my official letter.

I'm sorry they're dragging you out so long!!!! It seems like that's somewhat common for them... :/

Congrats on UW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I think Feb is when they told me I was wait listed for early decision.  I guess that was a "decision" of sorts.  

I haven't filed my FAFSA yet so I feel like I wouldn't get one of those financial aid notices that people have talked about elsewhere.  But that might be the denial talking. =p

"Deflecting" is a good way to describe the interactions I have had with PSU.....

They told me a few days ago that I would know by the end of this week.  It's Thursday.

On 4/7/2016 at 0:18 PM, luckyducky said:

Congrats on UW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I think Feb is when they told me I was wait listed for early decision.  I guess that was a "decision" of sorts.  

I haven't filed my FAFSA yet so I feel like I wouldn't get one of those financial aid notices that people have talked about elsewhere.  But that might be the denial talking. =p

"Deflecting" is a good way to describe the interactions I have had with PSU.....

They told me a few days ago that I would know by the end of this week.  It's Thursday.

Did you hear back? It is Saturday but that's when I heard back. 4pm PST on a Sat... not the time I'd imagine...