Are schools application system open for Fall 2017 admission yet?

flowingdata

Question

I'm looking to apply for Fall 2017 admission into Computer Science programs. But it looks like most of the programs don't yet have their online application system open for that term. What are the typical times in the year they'll open the system?

1 answer to this question

Hey! So if I'm remembering correctly, I think most of the applications start being available in like August or September. The good thing is that the actual online application stuff is pretty minor. The important things are all done pretty much independently of the application systems. If you have time over the summer, you'll want to knock out the GRE, getting your CV up to date, your personal statement, and figuring out which schools you want to apply to. On the last item, I would recommend speaking with your professors to get their opinions on some program to look into and then researching the programs/faculty later.

Edit: Also make sure now that you have people willing to write your recommendations in the fall.

Edited by ClassApp