Programs similar to NCSU's CRDM & Clemson U RDIC

smith1651

Question

Hey everyone,

I just came across the forum and have been lurking around for a while now, and it's been great reading everyone's pursuit of a PhD, so I thought I would jump into the conversation.

In January, I applied to NC State's CRDM (Communication, Rhetoric, and Digital Media) program, and shortly thereafter I was accepted (with the possibility of funding pending). After e-mailing the program coordinator today, I was told that they would not be able to offer me funding for the upcoming academic year, so naturally I asked them if I could defer. It was unfortunate, as I was really looking forward to to the opportunity to work with some of the faculty there. I felt like my CV was pretty competitive: I have a publication pending in an annual review (it was chosen to be included in this journal), I've presented at various conferences,  I was offered a 3 year term position (the summer after graduation) with the opportunity to teach various classes (currently I've done 101, 101p, 201, and 204 [writing for the workplace]), I linked the images of the comic I'm working on -- just things like that.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised they didn't offer me funding, which leaves me all the more disappointed. 

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you all knew of similar programs to NC State's CRDM program? I know Clemson U has the RCID program, and a few students from my university have gone there and currently have tenure-track positions (I don't know them personally, but some of my colleagues do). Are there any others that are as interdisciplinary as the CRDM program? I'm fortunate enough to have the next year to teach more classes, but come January/February, I would like to be prepared to apply to more programs, and not put all my eggs in one basket like I did this time around (although my hope is that CRDM offers funding Fall 2017). 

Thanks for reading, and thanks for your suggestions. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet