Ph.d Statistics

I have applied for fall 2017 admission to a Ph.D program in statistics. I just got an email from the graduate director to confirm that fall 2017 as listed on my application form is correct.

I hope this isn't a bad news.

Is it not super early to apply for Fall 2017? Many programs are still working on Fall 2016 admissions. 

I don't think you should infer anything bad. It is simply very unusual to apply so early (on the heels of Fall 16 applications) and I think the director was just making sure of things. I assume that you are not taking any courses in the Fall of 2016 because it wouldn't be a good idea to apply now before new courses that the department would want to know about.

2 hours ago, arima said:

I don't think you should infer anything bad. It is simply very unusual to apply so early (on the heels of Fall 16 applications) and I think the director was just making sure of things. I assume that you are not taking any courses in the Fall of 2016 because it wouldn't be a good idea to apply now before new courses that the department would want to know about.

I agree with @arima. Most programs are wrapping up the applicants for Fall 2016 and don't see any Fall 2017 applications until this Fall or a couple months before the deadline.