Hi can someone please rate my essay

rahultgeorge

A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.

//Issue essay

The issue presented is that the same curriculum should be enforced through a country for all students till they join a college .  I agree with the issue at hand to a reasonable  extent but not completely  . The reasons for which I agree with the issue to an extent is mentioned below.

The first  reason  is  that many nations currently follow an academic system where different curriculum are available and some are better than the other. They are better in the sense that they cover different topics and topics are covered   more in depth thus giving their students an edge over students of other curriculum . This will eventually create disparity between students of different curriculum when it comes to graduation level education . The students who were part of the easier curriculum would find it difficult when the bar is raised up at the college level .I believe if as the issue proposes a single nationwide curriculum is implemented till the college level , then all students will be given a fair chance .

Additionally another reason is that when a nation has many different curriculum , some of them will incur a higher education cost than  the other . Let's say a country has three different boards of education with their own curriculum X, Y , Z. Now assume that Y is the government board and is hence the fee is more economic . The other two boards being non governmental , their fee would vary from institution to institution and will definitely be more expensive than Y board's fee . This will now take away  an opportunity from poor students who cannot afford to study in private board's institutions . They will have no choice than to settle . On the other hand , if a single board is present then the fee will be standard and will not vary from institute to institute and since the single board will be a government board it will be economic .

On the contrary the  main flaw with the nationwide  curriculum  is that  it is extremely probable that the level of education would be lowered in comparison to many of the other curriculum during the multiple curriculum scheme. This level is very essential to the future of the students, if set too low then they will be not able to compete globally  and if set too high many students will fall back and have no other choice than to repeat a year or so.

In conclusion I would like to state that a single nationwide scheme has it's advantages and flaws .   In order for it to be successfully implemented it is essential that a plan made be made to deal with  a situation when the bar is set high then the students who fall back should have more options , for example they should be allowed to drop out of a few  courses .