How should I get LOR from work?

Hima

I cannot ask LOR from work place because they will not be fine with me going for higher studies. But the position here is a research assistant which I think will be very good to showcase in my application. How do I showcase it without my office colleagues knowing it?

If you have good reason to believe that your work would not be happy with you applying for grad programs, my recommendation is to make sure they don't find out about your application until you have an acceptance. So, I would not ask anyone at your work for a letter of reference. 

Instead, you will have to write about your position in your statement of purpose and in your CV. Does your research assistant position allow you to publish or present your work in any way (conferences etc.)? These things on your CV can demonstrate that you are doing good research work. But, I know that many companies will not allow their employees to publish research. 

1 hour ago, TakeruK said:

Instead, you will have to write about your position in your statement of purpose and in your CV. Does your research assistant position allow you to publish or present your work in any way (conferences etc.)? These things on your CV can demonstrate that you are doing good research work. But, I know that many companies will not allow their employees to publish research. 

They do not allow me to publish. But thanks for the reply, I'll ask my professor for another one then.