Women's Studies 2010

I heard back from rutgers. they have selected 6 candidates out of 80 applicants and actually are looking for only 4!!!

waitlisted in ohio state and IU. rejected from emory, ucsb, arizona state.

waiting to hear from university of washington, penn state (geography and women's studies), and univ of maryland.

Just curious. How did you hear from Rutgers? Did you contact them?

Hey all,

I am an undergraduate at IU Bloomington and am getting my minor in Gender Studies. Its a GREAT department! Good luck to you all-IU is awesome! And the department has some really great profs! :)

Yay!

As for Rutgers, I applied and haven't heard anything. The website still says "no decision," but according to this forum it looks like I might get a rejection letter soon! :(

Good luck everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I've just received my acceptance letter for Oxford's M St in Women's Studies. Anyone else joining this programme in the fall?

Hi all. I've just received my acceptance letter for Oxford's M St in Women's Studies. Anyone else joining this programme in the fall?

Congratulations! I applied for the MSt in Women's Studies but was unsuccessful. Got in for another MPhil course, though, I'll definitely be attending in the fall! What colleges did you list on your application?

Edited by TerriM

Congratulations! I applied for the MSt in Women's Studies but was unsuccessful. Got in for another MPhil course, though, I'll definitely be attending in the fall! What colleges did you list on your application?

Thanks!! Sorry I couldnt help noticing the similar username; if you're Tem from the Student Forum then I think we've already 'met'!

Just discovered this great site, what an awesome result search. Am down for Hertford, as you probably already know. Really looking forward to it. smile.gif

PS Are you definitely opting for the MPhil rather than the MSc now?

Edited by raza

Thanks!! Sorry I couldnt help noticing the similar username; if you're Tem from the Student Forum then I think we've already 'met'!

Just discovered this great site, what an awesome result search. Am down for Hertford, as you probably already know. Really looking forward to it. smile.gif

PS Are you definitely opting for the MPhil rather than the MSc now?

That's me! I'm not 100% set on the MPhil but for now have switched over. It will ultimately depend on funding. And here I was thinking I'd found another MSt Womens Studies student!

That's me! I'm not 100% set on the MPhil but for now have switched over. It will ultimately depend on funding. And here I was thinking I'd found another MSt Womens Studies student!

Hahahaha....we are a couple of cyber stalkers! Sorry about that.

Good luck with the funding issues & I hope all the policy uncertainty sorts itself out soon. smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I just received notification that I was accepted to the Gender Studies program at Central European University. Does anyone have any opinions or advice about this program or any info that could help me in making my decision? Thanks!

• 9 months later...

I just received notification that I was accepted to the Gender Studies program at Central European University. Does anyone have any opinions or advice about this program or any info that could help me in making my decision? Thanks!

Hey, did you end up going to Budapest for the program? How are you liking it? Would love to hear some comments!

Hey raza, I just noticed you had received an offer of acceptance from Oxford last year. How did the funding decision go? When did you receive it (how much time following the admissions notification?), if you applied for any financial support from the university? And what college did you pick? Lol, sorry for all the questions, but their program looks way too awesome with extensive support from the faculties, and I am way too excited!

Edited by feminist21

Hey tem11, just curious, did you end up securing funding from Oxford? If so, do you remember how many days/weeks following the admissions decision were you notified of the funding?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tem11, I remember you from last year. How is Oxford treating you? I am offered a place in anthropology and I think I'm going this fall. Do you enjoy studying at Oxford?