Apply the PhD with a Master degree

Arlindaleung

Is there any advantage for a Master student to apply for a PhD program in the same school? But since my program is only one year so I would like to begin the PhD program after graduation from the Master program. That means when I applied for the PhD I have only one quarter grade. My graduate GPA is high so far. But my undergrade GPA is not competitive. And my GRE is OK. I only applied one program. So now I am kind of worried about that.

Is there any advantage for a Master student to apply for a PhD program in the same school? But since my program is only one year so I would like to begin the PhD program after graduation from the Master program. That means when I applied for the PhD I have only one quarter grade. My graduate GPA is high so far. But my undergrade GPA is not competitive. And my GRE is OK. I only applied one program. So now I am kind of worried about that.

I believe you would likely have quite an advantage. since you have likely taken courses with the professors on the admissions committee, when your name comes up on the committee they'll be far more likely to review your app because they know you. If you grad GPA is high, stress that in your app; it'll definitely matter more than your undergrad grades since it's more recent. whats your GRE score, if you have >700 Q you'll be fine. Never apply to just one program go for at least 8, in my opinion