recommended for acceptance?

curehp

Hello, I recieved an email today stating that the department recommended me for acceptance to the graduate school of arts and sciences, and also recommended me for full funding, and I will receive a letter pending approval from the GSAS. I may be a bit paranoid here after all the long waiting, but does this mean I am in for sure or does it ever happen that the GSAS does not approve recommendations from the dept?

I have yet to hear of anyone being recommended by a department, then being rejected by a faculty/college of grad studies. I would bet, unless there's something very funky going on in your application, that you're good to go.

Hey! I agree - I got the same email and asked the dept when I would get the final 'yes/no' and the dept then told me that I was basically admitted, but that it is just a formality for them to have to pass it onto the GSAS. The GSAS apparently just check that they have all the supporting materials from you, etc, before they give you a letter telling you that you are admitted! Good luck!

I am in the same situation. I asked for more information the department and they said that it was just a matter of GSAS filling out paperwork. If you're unsure, just write a quick email to the department and you can confirm that you will be accepted. I certainly know the feeling of uncertainty after several weeks of being on a waitlist, once you're in it feels REALLY hard to believe it. Congrats!