Anyone know anything about when we might hear from Brown? Judging from last year seems they notified last week in February--just wondering if anyone has any insider information...

Insider, but not definitive. Brown should be notifying soon. They already have their list of acceptees...I'm speculating that they're waiting for the Grad School to approve it. They'll be making slightly more offers this year than in previous years.

Insider, but not definitive. Brown should be notifying soon. They already have their list of acceptees...I'm speculating that they're waiting for the Grad School to approve it. They'll be making slightly more offers this year than in previous years.

Momentary surge in blood pressure.

Brown is calling now. Good luck! They're making ~20 offers, which is up from their usual 18. However, they also received an insane increase in the number of applications (up by 60% this year?!!!)...which probably explains why they're notifying so late.

Visitation weekend is March 11-12th. Fingers crossed for those of you who are waiting....

Anybody have information re Masters decisions? does Brown typically notify MA acceptees before or after their doctoral admits?

Also, wondering whether the reference to ~20 offers this season includes MA students or is exclusively PhD?

Anybody have information re Masters decisions? does Brown typically notify MA acceptees before or after their doctoral admits?

Also, wondering whether the reference to ~20 offers this season includes MA students or is exclusively PhD?

Brown makes decisions on the MA's in march, typically. Always after the PhD students. The number of offers are only for the PhD--since it's tied to stipends/funding. MA matriculation was up last year, though i don't know if that meant that they made more offers, or simply more students accepted.

I'd be interested to know that too. Strokeofmidnight, do you know anything?

My friend got a weird letter from Brown. Said he couldn't tell if it was a rejection or waitlist, but betting it is either an oddly phrased rejection or unclear waitlist notification.