CS-PhD : Johns Hopkins (JHU)

enigma211

Has anyone heard back from JHU for CS-PhD.

From the gradcafe reports, they seem to have sent out some admits. Did anyone attend their open-house ?

JHU is releasing the results by area. Crypto and NLP have sent out offers...most of the other areas have not yet been sent out. I just emailed yesterday and they said my group (systems) would be released by the end of the month.

I received an acceptance over the phone last week for NLP (haven't gotten anything in the mail yet though), but NLP kind of has its own program, so yeah, if you're still waiting to hear something and you're in a different area I wouldn't worry. It would be nice if this school made its decisions earlier - it's already getting pretty close to the April 15 deadline...

I got a PDF copy of my official acceptance yesterday. Although it was pretty specific to my subfield, it was from the CS adcomm, so I would imagine that all of the letters are going out now. They do have a waitllist, so if you don't hear anything, it's still possible that you could receive an offer in the next few weeks. Good luck to everyone waiting.

I would have guessed that they have all their admits out. I have not heard anything from them but saw some MS and PhD admits in forums. Anyways, it looks like my destination is going to be UCLA.

BKMD: Have u decided between CMU and JHU ?

BKMD: Have u decided between CMU and JHU ?

It'll be a couple days before I submit an official decision but I will most likely choose JHU...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody (apart from the NLP admits) heard anything from JHU?

Sorry just came across this post today. Yeah, I was accepted to JHU phd in database systems probably about a month ago. I got a call from a professor (informal interview I guess) and then an official email the next day.