U of Arizona

rising_star

Me! Me! I'm heading there for MFA in Visual Communications and I'm pretty excited.

I still have all those big questions to answer though like... where am I going to live? when am I going to move? when should I quit my job?

My parents went to grad school at the UofA...so I lived there as a kid in one of the dorms :D

I also visited the department in the fall before applying. I can't wait for warm winters I'm tired of snow and ice.

I just visited UofA last weekend. Seems that many good apts locate 3~5 miles away from campus(especially those on near the foothill). So if you have a car, it would be nice (except you have to pay $400~500 per year for on-campus parking...)

BTW, Tucson is a nice small town, very good for outdoor activity. I'm really excited about the coming august!

I asked other grad students in my department, they told me most of grads live between grant rd and prince rd. still reasonable to ride a bicycle or take a bus to campus, and far enough to avoid the parties(sweet!) Hope this helps:)

BTW, you might be surprised by the saguaros just outside the Tucson airport(15+ feet tall!), I was... it's amazing

• 2 months later...

so I'm now living Tucson...I've found a place to move into in August it's aprox. 2 miles from campus...right now I'm living in a friends guest house (1 mile from campus). There is a huge amount of places up for rent in Tucson! A lot of them aren't much to write home about...and price per sq foot really increases the closer to campus you get.

also if you are coming to the UofA make sure you sign up for Graduate Orientation on August 20th (for all new grad students)

http://gpsc.arizona.edu/go

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use