What does 'Affiliation' of referee mean?

HappyCat13

Hi all, I would like to ask a very silly question here. I tried google the meaning of this term but I still don't quite get it. :wacko:

The application system ask me to enter the details of three referees. There is one column called "affiliation". Some told me that you should fill in the academic institution this referee is working. Some told me that it is referee's relationship with you (such as supervisor, etc.).

Also, there is another column called "Title". Some said you should fill in the work title of the person, such as vice dean, or associate professor. I'm wondering if this is so as the column for title is quite narrow.

Please help! Should be quite simple question for most of you here....

I saw that term on one of my applications. I just put the name of the Institution where they do their research (for one person this was different from where they teach). And for title I put the title listed on their CV, so associate professor, assistant professor, lecturer, etc.

In most cases in academia, "Affiliation" means the University / Program / whatever that they are working / teaching / researching at. "Title" is usually "Professor", "Assistant Professor" etc. but if the box is really small (and doesn't let you enter very many characters), you could try using "Dr."

I saw that term on one of my applications. I just put the name of the Institution where they do their research (for one person this was different from where they teach). And for title I put the title listed on their CV, so associate professor, assistant professor, lecturer, etc.
In most cases in academia, "Affiliation" means the University / Program / whatever that they are working / teaching / researching at. "Title" is usually "Professor", "Assistant Professor" etc. but if the box is really small (and doesn't let you enter very many characters), you could try using "Dr."

Hi thanks so much for the reply. Now I get it :)