Uconn MSW

bbergstrom

Mine always had the green check mark as well.  I have been trying to call them for a while, but I cannot get ahold of anyone on the phone.  My email I sent about a month ago was never answered either.

Well, I didn't get a very helpful answer.  Mine is still under review, she could not give me a timeline of when I would receive an answer.  She said sometimes it goes through right away and sometimes it takes a while.  I already knew that :(.

Edited by Stacy Hill

Waiting is so frustrating! Best of luck to you too, Stacy. I'm sure we will both know by the end of next week! I'm just surprised that they are waiting this late in the application cycle to inform applicants, I'm sure if we do get in we'll have to do orientation, figure out our fall internship placements, etc...stressful to think about! Not to mention I've already been accepted into the program at Southern and they are on my back to register for classes!

They probably lose a lot of good students due to the need for an early decision.  From speaking with their alumni this has apparently been an issue with them for years-I was told their admissions department is a room the size of a closet.

Thank you nardoned.  I don't think I can handle waiting until the end of next week.  I never thought I might not have an answer until after I was done with classes.

RE: update to application page:

Mine never changed from the green "submitted" with a check mark and I was admitted March 3 via email, with an official letter a few days later.

the wait sucks, i'm sorry it's taking so long to hear! good luck 

Don't worry, I called again on Friday. At this point I have no shame. I was told on Friday Im still in review, and that "they hoped" to email it out next week. So you're not alone.

I haven't heard anything either. I finished my BSW in December, so I'm praying I hear something before I have to start paying back my loans.  This process is so frustrating.

I have been following this topic for a while now and have to add my two cents in. My application was completed in December. I have been trying to be patient but this is extremely irritating. I find their protocol unprofessional. Each time I call to ask when I will hear a decision, the answer is always "next Friday". I was under the impression that this was ROLLING admissions, as stated on their website. If it's not they should stop all the bullshit and take off rolling admissions from their website because it obviously is NOT rolling admissions. Oof. Deep breaths.  :rolleyes:

I agree with the rolling admissions statement, as my application was complete in September and I didn't find out until March.. Sooo frustrating. It seems you shouldn't rush to try and get things early if you aren't be notified early as well. I had to waste a $200 deposit to NYU just in case, because UConn took so long to let me know I was accepted. And I had to nearly stalk the admissions office with email and follow up calls to get an answer.

With that said, I have heard very good things about the professors, and the field placement office already informed me of field placement opportunities, which I will be interviewing for this week. So after the application process, it seems to get better! I know the dean was new this year and just asked to stay on (friends of mine didn't hear admissions decisions until June/July last year!). Also they are in the middle of reviewing multiple pitches for moving the campus from Greater Hartford (West Hartford) to an urban campus in Hartford, so it's also a transitioning year for the SSW.