Uconn MSW

bbergstrom

It would be great to hear what UConn offers you all for financial aid, as it's tied for my first choice when I apply in the fall! Is it need or merit based? Also, anyone here applying for Policy or Administration? I'd be interested to know your stats and what drew you to that specific concentration, as I'm trying to decide between the two. Thanks!

I am a recent graduate and UConn offers AWESOME financial aid. They pretty much paid for my entire program with grants ($14,000 grant the first year, $12,000 the second). Make sure you turn in the School of Social Work financial aid application as early as possible! They also offer scholarships that you can write essays for each year - I won two scholarships for $1200 each, both years. This school definitely gives out great aid if you qualify - in my case, I was working full-time and making about 40k through grad school and still qualified for the larger grants.

Good luck!