Boren 2013-2014

djevojka

I'm starting to think that those who got the email a couple weeks ago (fellowship applicants) may have received "the" email in a different kind of form. For those who have been emailed, was it like the one that desmonster1018 received?

I'm starting to think that those who got the email a couple weeks ago (fellowship applicants) may have received "the" email in a different kind of form. For those who have been emailed, was it like the one that desmonster1018 received?

I'm not too sure, Lauren2013.  I was emailed about two weeks ago regarding a small mistake on my application.  It had nothing to do with the budget.  So why would they send an email asking for a correction if they have already sent out budget emails?  At least this is my logic.  I know it was two weeks ago because I just returned from visiting my husband who is currently a Fulbright-Hays Fellow in Morocco.  =)  Let's keep the hope alive!  =)

I am of the same opinion, aepafrica.

I received an email regarding a small mistake (not budget related) on my application at the same time the others received their "budget" emails. I can't understand why Boren would ask me to provide correct information for such a petty error if I was no longer in contention...

Keep the faith, we're going to find out soon!

Agreed! I think the fact that we're still hearing anything is a good sign, and there are likely different forms needed for various programs, multiple country applicants, etc. It sounds like there are more emails to come, so we just need to hang in there at this point. 

I want to keep hopeful too, I just usually err on the side of being too optimistic, so I wanted to make sure lol.

also aepafrica, that is awesome that he is doing his fullbright in Morocco, that's a place I have always wanted to go :)

I guess we will keep hoping and waiting, good luck everyone!!

Do you think there's still hope for Scholarship applicants? Does anyone with know if regional committees meet over one day or two? Did the emails all come on the same day in past years? Based on the spreadsheets from the last two years, only one scholarship applicant for Russian (what I applied for) received the award. I kind of wish I was in a smaller geographic category. Oh well. 

I want to keep hopeful too, I just usually err on the side of being too optimistic, so I wanted to make sure lol.

also aepafrica, that is awesome that he is doing his fullbright in Morocco, that's a place I have always wanted to go :)

I guess we will keep hoping and waiting, good luck everyone!!

Thanks Lauren2013!  Morocco is pretty awesome!  Beautiful and the people are very friendly.  My visit was only 10 days but we did have a blast (despite some crazy front that came in and rained!!).  The Fulbright has been really good for him.  The work is finally starting to come together.  Our only issue is that we work in two completely different places at the moment.  lol  :)

Congrats to the scholarship folks who've received the budget email.  I can't imagine all of the fellowship applicants here are S.O.L., so we can only hope that the budget "news", one way or another, will be forthcoming soon!

Congrats to the scholarship folks who've received the budget email.  I can't imagine all of the fellowship applicants here are S.O.L., so we can only hope that the budget "news", one way or another, will be forthcoming soon!

I agree, IndyJones!  Congrats to the scholar applicants on your budget email.  Let's hope the good news starts coming for fellowship applicants.  =)

Hey everyone. I received the budget email for the scholarship two days ago for study in Egypt. Sadly, I have already accepted the Clinton scholarship for study in Dubai, so I am about to email them back and tell them that I've already made other commitments and that they should go ahead and take me out of consideration :(. Good luck everyone!

Hi All , 

Haven't seen a post from a Fellowship applicant recently - and naturally I mean "recently" in the most relative sense that applies only to anxious applicants obsessively checking GradCafe every 1/2 hour! Can I safely assume that means no news yet? 

Hang in there...must be soon, no??

Also, I don't remember who it was exactly, but so jealous of your husband's time in Morocco - I lived there for three years and miss it terribly! I'm glad you had a nice visit : ) 

Hi All , 

Haven't seen a post from a Fellowship applicant recently - and naturally I mean "recently" in the most relative sense that applies only to anxious applicants obsessively checking GradCafe every 1/2 hour! Can I safely assume that means no news yet? 

Hang in there...must be soon, no??

Also, I don't remember who it was exactly, but so jealous of your husband's time in Morocco - I lived there for three years and miss it terribly! I'm glad you had a nice visit : ) 

nm2233,

That was me!!  I visited my husband in Morocco.  =)  What were you doing there??  I can see how you miss it.  I really enjoyed being there...it was my second time (the first visit was a part of our honeymoon).  Despite the rain, it was fabulous and amazingly nice people!!

And I applied for a fellowship too.  I haven't heard anything.  And while I'm trying desperately not to continue checking this site, I am becoming one of those people obsessive for news....I swore I wouldn't do that!  =)  So yes, I don't have any news at all and I'm assuming that is why others are quiet as well. 

Good luck to you!!

It's hilarious that we're all doing the same thing.  I hyperventilate between refreshing my email account and this forum (about every 30min sounds right!).  

I haven't counted the number of fellowship folks on the strand, but still ... as I've previously posted, we can't all be S.O.L. :unsure:     

I don't have any further details, but selection panels are meeting today and tomorrow. As such, I imagine we won't hear about anything till next week. So, give those refresh buttons a break :)

That really does help me breathe a little bit easier....good luck everyone! I am just too eager to find out what will happen, but if it means a Boren fellowship, I most certainly  can wait a little longer  ^_^

I work at my university fellowship/scholarship office and can get some info on budget emails for the fellowship...one interesting thing of note, the main Boren adviser told me that if you get a budget email, there's no chance of ending up with nothing - you're either a recipient or an alternate. I spoke with another adviser for the Boren and he said from his recollection, no one who ever got a budget email got rejected. 

I'd be interested to hear if anyone who received the email ended up with nothing. 

Edited by StyLeD

I got an email at 3:03 EST stating, "We are emailing all applicants to make sure the dates you submitted are approximately correct. If they are, no need to reply to this email. If they are not accurate please send me your updated dates (see below) by the end of this week."

Anyone else? Is this like the budget email, or is it really being sent to ALL APPLICANTS?