Fellow Tulane applicants?

anthroflea

Yes, yes, yes! 

I'm just going to ignore all evidence to the contrary and believe that screencheck has to be right about the quick turnaround lol. 

thats a good way of looking at things. although, generally, one should never believe me to be right about anything. 

Although I applied to the Ph.D. Linguistics program at Tulane, half of the faculty members are shared with different departments, including Anthro. I received an admission offer on Friday, so hopefully you will all hear pretty soon. Good luck! :)

I'm guessing it's a cultural admit? It's definitely not me... it seems like cultural inquiries have been going out before the other subfields, but that's pure conjecture. I think I need to get out of the house; pretty sure my finger is going to break if I keep sitting here clicking refresh on my email.

I'm guessing it's a cultural admit? It's definitely not me... it seems like cultural inquiries have been going out before the other subfields, but that's pure conjecture. I think I need to get out of the house; pretty sure my finger is going to break if I keep sitting here clicking refresh on my email.

I know. I was already bad about obsessing over my inbox before the post on the results board. Now I will not be able to move away from the computer. 

It had to at least be before Mardi Gras, right? Riiiight...?

I wasn't even kidding about this....Tulane is closed from the 2nd to the 9th of March for Mardi Gras. So if we don't hear by the 28th, we probably won't hear until the 10th. At which point someone will have to forward my results to the hospital, because I can't even...

I wasn't even kidding about this....Tulane is closed from the 2nd to the 9th of March for Mardi Gras. So if we don't hear by the 28th, we probably won't hear until the 10th. At which point someone will have to forward my results to the hospital, because I can't even...

I'm confident we will hear before then. 

I was just thinking that! Looking at last year's threads makes me realize that the process could easily stretch into March. Late March at that. And last year's decision came AFTER Mardi Gras, so there goes my theory! Although Mardi Gras was earlier last year...

I'm still very curious as to the Tulane acceptance. Has anyone ever claimed it?

I was just thinking that! Looking at last year's threads makes me realize that the process could easily stretch into March. Late March at that. And last year's decision came AFTER Mardi Gras, so there goes my theory! Although Mardi Gras was earlier last year...

I'm still very curious as to the Tulane acceptance. Has anyone ever claimed it?

I dont think anybody has claimed it.

It is strange. I wonder if it's someone who was already at Tulane for their MA or something. Because I have nothing but spare time to construct elaborate scenarios in my head, naturally. 

haha i guess we can only hope?