Contacting admission office, POI, or hold tight?

EEpa

During my interview I was told when the department would be meeting and when to expect a decision and that deadline is way past with no contact from them. But the fact that they haven't rejected me yet keeps that little glowing unhealthy flame of hope burning. At this point I just want to hear something. Should I call the admissions office to inquire, or shoot an email off to my POI restating my interest or should I just wait it out? I realize this is more of a waiting it out topic, but I'm applying to Biology programs and wanted the perspective of others in Bio too.

I have checked the results page but there was only one post ever for this specific program from several years ago. I really want to be able to move on from this school but feel like I can't until I know I'm out for sure. Grad schools have apparently never heard of a mercy kill.

I ended up sending an email to the admissions person asking when they would have decisions by...and saying that I really enjoyed the school and that it was my top choice yada yada and that i didnt want to have to choose another school without hearing back. and they replied with a date. so that makes me feel better.
i know uw rejected me when i asked...so i think it speeds them up on your application.