Anyone knows anything about User experience design/Human-computer interaction ?

wgong

I am senior student, studying computer science in the college with a GPA 2.8. I am preparing for GRE right now. I know my chance to get into a UX graduate program is low based on my grade. I am wondering if there are something else I can do to improve my chances. Some people say to start build a portfolio, but I don't have any experience on UX design, and I don't know how to start. I am planning to send out my application this November.

I studied HCI in my Human Factors program. You need to get your GPA up if you can. I went to school for an extra year to get mine up to a 3.18. 

Alternate suggestion: Look into human factors programs. HF and UX overlap and are often used interchangeably. Most of the HF grads from my school went into UX.

Edited by dmacfour

I studied HCI in my Human Factors program. You need to get your GPA up if you can. I went to school for an extra year to get mine up to a 3.18. 

Alternate suggestion: Look into human factors programs. HF and UX overlap and are often used interchangeably. Most of the HF grads from my school went into UX.

Thank you for your advice. I will start looking for human factors programs now