MSW UC Berkeley

esimanon

Anyone else hear anything from title IVE? Im still waiting....also, what was in the email they sent regarding interviews?

The initial email provided the dates of the interviews and requested that I reply back with which date I'd like to interview. It also stated "be sure that you understand the parameters of the Title IV-E program so that you’ll be more relaxed during your interview"

Once I responded with my preferred interview date, I recieved more detailed information including the time of my interview, how long it would last, and where it would take place. At the end of this email it stated "You will be notified of the results of the interview to the IV-E program after all the applicants have been interviewed and final admission to the School of Social Welfare will depend upon acceptance by the Title IV-E Stipend Program."

Hello everyone! 

I'm also applying to UC Berkeley for this fall and am so anxious to find out if I got in! I also applied for the Title IV-E program but have not received an email regarding an interview. Does anyone know if they are continuing to send out interview emails next week too?? 

I hope we all get in! Good luck :) 

I just got an email from Catharine and she said they reviewed the last of the applications today and she's 'doing her best to schedule the last few' I presume it will be by the end of the day. Best of luck!

I got an email this morning that I was admitted.  (CMH concentration.)

Congrats!! I applied for CMH too, I'm just curious would you mind sharing your GPA, BA and experience with us? 

Congrats!! I applied for CMH too, I'm just curious would you mind sharing your GPA, BA and experience with us? 

Thanks! To be vague, my GPA was okay, my BA was in a subject completely unrelated to social welfare, and I had a bit over 2 years (4200 hours) of experience, mostly volunteering.  

I wish everyone good luck!

Hi All,

In deciding between UC Berkeley and UCLA, I came across this article about the recent discord within the School of Social Welfare at Berkeley, and I think it's important to share: http://sfbayview.com/2015/02/graduate-students-host-teach-in-to-address-institutionalized-racism-at-uc-berkeleys-school-of-social-welfare/

This is a video that further explains: 

Although the story is disheartening, the courage of Berkeley MSW students is inspiring and I think that's one of many reasons why Berkeley is a special place.

Edited by providence

Yeah I'd heard less than favorable things about that professor before, and I'm sorry to hear what he said and the negative effects it had--but seeing the students' reaction actually makes me want to go to Berkeley more, as those students are the kind of people I want to be around.  Fuck that professor (I unfortunately will probably have to take a policy class with him), but I still am excited to go to Berkeley.