Average undergrad seeking chemistry PhD program

Blackjack217

I had just graduated in May with a 3.29 gpa 3.5 years of research experience. My GRE scores are quite poor of 150 in quantitative and verbal and 4 in the writing. Since graduation I have been working as an AAS analyst at a small environment laboratory. I am looking to apply for chemistry PhD programs for fall 2015. Does anyone have suggestion for a program that someone with with my stats would have a chance of acceptance?

A lot of your chance depends on your fit with the program- so you need to find a program with research that really interests you, and write your SoP showing how you fit with that research group. 

I have thought about taking it but I'm just afraid that I might not have enough time to study and take the test before deadlines.

I'm looking to have a concentration in organic. As far as research I am interested in synthesis of amino acid derivatives. My undergrad research I involved NMR analysis of organic extracts of various breast cancer cell lines.

So then you would, ideally, want to look specifically for groups focusing on synthesis of amino acid derivatives, and talk up how your skills would be beneficial to working in that lab.