GTU

madelina

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on choosing a school through Graduate Theological Union? I am interested in New Testament MA but am having trouble finding out which school of affiliation would be best. Anyone else applying or go there?

Thanks!

What are your specific interests? The gospels? The Epistles? Justification? Apocalypse? I would search through the GTU faculty and affiliate with whatever school has the faculty that best suit your interests.

I applied to GTU for my M.Div. and have several friends from undergrad who have attended. The Professors you want to work with are the most important thing to consider, but another to keep in mind is the availability of housing at each school. San Francisco Theological Seminary is pretty far (I think like a 30 minute commute) from the rest of the schools, might be something to consider. 

I went to the GTU for my MDiv, JST specifically.  Here's what I would suggest:

1) Find a faculty member you want to work with, and choose that school.

2) If you are torn between a few faculty, then look to denominational affiliation and where you are most likely to feel like a member of the community.  Some schools have a different "feel," and that's important

PSR, CDSP and JST all have good housing options.  SFTS is really, really far.  PLTS is a little removed.  All have the great benefit of taking classes together, so I would really decide based on faculty and fit.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I just got an acceptance from GTU and am really excited about it (and about the scholarship that came with it!). Is anyone currently going there and can speak to how the program is developing? I am doing the PhD in History, so especially if anyone is from that area, I'd love to chat!