Hertie School of Governance MPP

rahul188

I just received an email today on the tuition waiver.

Hello Abishek!

May I know how much you received? I am still waiting for mine. And did you apply for any of their other scholarships by sending your essays?

Thanks!

Edited by Rahul1994

Hello Abishek!

May I know how much you received? I am still waiting for mine. And did you apply for any of their other scholarships by sending your essays?

Thanks!

25%... I have sent an essay for one another scholarship also, not sure what will happen to that.

Congratulations to those who received funding!

Can I ask you people to share your profile (education and professional experience) here? Also, have you guys accepted your offers by making the tuition fees deposit? By when are you supposed to do so?

The results for the essay-based scholarships are likely to come later only given that the last date to submit the essay itself is March 31.

Anyone trying for any other funding options on this forum?

Hello guys!

I am inclined to accept my MPP offer at Hertie but would like to hear from you guys regarding  MPP in Edinburgh, Msc Public Policy- UCL, and MA Public Policy- King's. Which one should I go for? Why Hertie is better than the others in my list? Please throw some light as I have to decide on which one to accept.

Thanks!

Congratulations to those who received funding!

Can I ask you people to share your profile (education and professional experience) here? Also, have you guys accepted your offers by making the tuition fees deposit? By when are you supposed to do so?

The results for the essay-based scholarships are likely to come later only given that the last date to submit the essay itself is March 31.

Anyone trying for any other funding options on this forum?

Yes, I've also applied to the DAAD for their graduate study scholarship to finance my living costs. Hoping to hear back from that one at the end of March or beginning of April (sooner rather than later would be nice!).

I got a 25% tuition waiver with a tentative (expecting it to go up after this semester) graduating average above 90% from a middle-tier public uni and 2 years professional experience as a government policy analyst. One year studying abroad and four languages (two fluent, two intermediate).

They want me to accept and pay the deposit by May 1, but I haven't done so yet because I'm not sure I can afford to go. I have significant debt from undergrad and no help from relatives so even with the 25% waiver the price tag is really steep... I will have to see whether I get DAAD and then decide from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted two weeks ago and have not yet heard back regarding funding. 

two weeks is not that long. Are you going to contact them or waiting for them to contact? I am in somewhat similar situation. I have been accepted longer than that though, I think around a month or so, but haven't heard from them and am a little worried. 

Edited by Annatar Smith

two weeks is not that long. Are you going to contact them or waiting for them to contact? I am in somewhat similar situation. I have been accepted longer than that though, I think around a month or so, but haven't heard from them and am a little worried. 

I feel like a month is a reasonable window in which to politely ask if they have an idea when decisions will be mailed out. I will be waiting a bit longer before I reach out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...