Arizona State MSW

BunnyMeadows

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, what would you like to know?  

Some facts off the top of my head: It is the only MSW program in AZ and they participate in WGRP (http://wiche.edu/wrgp). The Phoenix location is the main program and the Tucson is a smaller, distance location. Rep Kyrsten Sinema is an instructor and does internships in DC. They have an MSW/MPA, and MSW/JD concurrent degrees. Phoenix is a cheap place to live with a lot to do, but you have to handle the heat. 

• 3 weeks later...

WhatAmIDoingNow thanks for the input. I would like to be in TUS, because I prefer a smaller, politically liberal place. Love the fact that Rep Sinema is involved. 

Arizona is not liberal, but has liberal leaning pockets such as Phoenix and Tucson. Tucson is a smaller program and is slightly more competitive to get into because of the number of southern Arizonans that apply for the location. As far as rankings, I do not know what goes into the ranking calculations.  I do not recommend the PhD program, but the MSW program seems to be good from my experience with some of the students.  They seem to have a lot of internship opportunities that other MSW programs do not have.  

At the very least, it seems like a good safety school. 

Edited by WhatAmIDoingNow