Oxford applicants

Kleene

My program accepts 30 people out of about 230 applicants...makes it harder to turn it down :(

The "number of places available" is not the number of offers sent, but their forecast enrolment (eg. the number of students who will attend). They send more offers than that.

Is there anyone who has not received a college placement yet?
I received my acceptance to the program around Mid-March, but haven't heard anything since.

The "number of places available" is not the number of offers sent, but their forecast enrolment (eg. the number of students who will attend). They send more offers than that.

i don't imagine many more...their acceptance rate has been quite high in the past so they probably account for that since the program is really meant for 25 students and occasionally they'll take up to 30. 

Is there anyone who has not received a college placement yet?

I received my acceptance to the program around Mid-March, but haven't heard anything since.

same boat. i received my college placement to cambridge in early march (and my acceptance in late jan/early feb). don't know why oxford is taking this long

same boat. i received my college placement to cambridge in early march (and my acceptance in late jan/early feb). don't know why oxford is taking this long

It's especially strange because I have to let them know by April 20th, and it doesn't look like I'm receiving my college placement before that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed my program of choice, yesterday, and I haven't heard back yet.  No news is good news, right?  Someone reassure me?  :rolleyes:  

You're doing good random internet bro/sis!

It really is taking a serious chunk of time to get my college offer. Q~Q

I just got my offer from Mansfield today. Looks like a great place--too bad I'm probably not going to attend.

Too expensive? What about Edinburgh?

Too expensive? What about Edinburgh?

Oxford would equal $40,000 of debt (including living expenses). I found out yesterday that Edinburgh is offering me a half off scholarship which would leave me with roughly $26,000 of debt (including living expenses).

I could justify going into debt for either, I think, if I was entirely sure of the academic path, but I'm not so I don't think it'd be wise to make such a large financial commitment.

Edited by tsgriffey

Cpt Jo what's going on for you?

I've been rejected by all funding schemes but one (I'll know in June). Contrary to what they say, EU students don't receive British research council awards.

I probably won't go there. :(

Congrats! Can I ask which college? Who knew that college placement was going to be such a murky and nail-biting process.

Kellogg. I received the offer two weeks after my first choice rejection.

Anyone still waiting on colleges??

Mine came in on the 4th of the month (Exeter). I think that many of the staff have been on vacation in general over the past two week time frame. 

To those who asked previously, the funding I got personally was the Frost Scholarship. With a bit of Google-fu and that piece of information you can figure out my full name and everything.  :rolleyes:

Edited by ped

Congrats on the scholarship, Lawrence...(couldn't resist haha :P)

I'm not Lawrence, you looked at last year's release! x3 I'm the only one studying a math course out of the 2015 cohort.