Anyone use ETS "Score it Now" for AW section of GRE?

steiner-5

I think I read somewhere that the AW section is now scored by a computer and one reader, as opposed to the two-reader method of the past. In this case, the second human reader only scores it if there's a certain point spread between the computer and the first reader (maybe one full point?). So, I'm guessing the algorithm is pretty accurate or they'd still be having two readers for every essay.

I think I read somewhere that the AW section is now scored by a computer and one reader, as opposed to the two-reader method of the past. In this case, the second human reader only scores it if there's a certain point spread between the computer and the first reader (maybe one full point?). So, I'm guessing the algorithm is pretty accurate or they'd still be having two readers for every essay.

I did, but honestly, I don't think it did anything. I got a 6.0 by reading the other essays that got 6.0s and seeing what those writers did that others did not. I'd recommend saving your $13.

• 1 month later...

I got a free ScoreItNow with my fee waiver so I did it today. I would not waste money on it. It is totally computer graded. I got a grade in about 30 seconds. I got a 4.0 on my analysis, even though it was almost identical in length and content to their 5.0 sample. There is very little feedback, but it said I used a word too much. The word was skater and the argument was about....skaters!