EPA STAR 2015

kbolya1

Has anyone heard good news, or are they really sending out rejections before offering awards?

They are sending out rejections for those who did not pass the external peer review. The applications still have to go through internal review and be picked by the NCER director.

Has anyone heard yes or no from the STAR? I remember the 2011 EPA GRO they called my phone rather than an email to notify me. The email came letter as the official acceptance. Maybe they'll do the same for this?

Edited by doublehelixdoubletrouble

I sent a message to NCER about the timeline for hearing back if you had not yet gotten notification and this is what I received: 

"Updated announcements will be posted on this site - http://www2.epa.gov/research-fellowships

We are about 2-3 weeks behind on what is currently posted.

Brandon

=========================================================================
M. Brandon Jones, PhD - jones.brandon@epa.gov
Assistant Center Director - Ecosystems Research
Fellowship Programs Manager
EPA|ORD|National Center for Environmental Research"

So does anyone know of anyone who has received funding in the past? I am just curious to know where those of us who have not heard stand. Is it that we have made it to the internal review? Or are they still doing the peer review process? Anyway, best of luck to all those who have not heard back yet.