GRE Subject Test: Biology or Biochem, Cell and Molecular Bio ??

cogitox

Hey guys, 

I am graduating with my BA in Psychology but I want to pursue a PhD in Neuroscience. I haven't taken many biology-related courses during my undergrad -- only Anatomy/Physiology and their labs, Neurobiology, and possibly Neuropsychology next semester (my final semester). 

In order to increase my chances of getting into a good Neuroscience PhD program, I was thinking of taking a GRE subject test in either Biology or Biochem, Cell and Molecular Bio, but I'm not sure which one I should take. I study very well and I do have a very good foundation in basic biology but I'm not sure which test the programs would rather see. My research interests are neurodegenerative disorders, neuroscience of psychopathology, and neurogenetics.

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)  

You may be in trouble if you have not taken  the standard year of biology/chemistry/organic chem/genetics etc. Look up some programs that you would be interested in and see their admission requirements. Almost all of the programs will require lower division bio courses. If you haven't done any of those and the programs require it that's the first thing you need to do. The subject test won't compensate for not taking these courses.