2016 ChemE PhD Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

percheme

11 minutes ago, wtnmc said:

Has anyone heard from Berkeley yet? If not, I feel they will send out emails tmr...........

Yes, sometime in December. I think some other people have as well: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=berkeley+chemical

Not sure whether they are done sending acceptances, but the visit weekends are really soon.

3 minutes ago, aegis921 said:

Yes, sometime in December. I think some other people have as well: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=berkeley+chemical

Not sure whether they are done sending acceptances, but the visit weekends are really soon.

Thank you for the information! I didn't know that website before.....

I still haven't heard from Berkeley.....I feel I'm gonna receive the rejection soon.....

10 hours ago, aegis921 said:

Hi, are you also applying to chemical engineering? Would you mind telling me when you submitted the application to Berkeley? Cuz the deadline is Dec. 14th and I saw there are offers sent out right on that day or just a few days after the deadline. I am wondering if it would help a lot if submitting earlier. I have to say I submitted on the deadline.......and I haven't heard anything from any other school I applied to. Also, there is notice on the status page of Northwestern University saying PhD applicants should find out between Feb and Mar BUT I've already seen ppl reporting offer from NU in Jan. I'm so nervous now. Should I contact the graduate office?

Edited by wtnmc

36 minutes ago, wtnmc said:

Hi, are you also applying to chemical engineering? Would you mind telling me when you submitted the application to Berkeley? Cuz the deadline is Dec. 14th and I saw there are offers sent out right on that day or just a few days after the deadline. I am wondering if it would help a lot if submitting earlier. I have to say I submitted on the deadline.......and I haven't heard anything from any other school I applied to. Also, there is notice on the status page of Northwestern University saying PhD applicants should find out between Feb and Mar BUT I've already seen ppl reporting offer from NU in Jan. I'm so nervous now. Should I contact the graduate office?

I don't think contacting the office would hurt. I submitted my application for the chemical engineering PhD program the day before it was due and received a phone call a few days later. Acceptances don't always go out all at once, so I wouldn't give up hope for NU. The first visit weekend for Berkeley is this weekend, and the next is two weeks later, so I think it is likely they have sent all of their acceptances out. It still might help to contact the department though. 

Edited by aegis921

8 minutes ago, aegis921 said:

I don't think contacting the office would hurt. I submitted my application the day before it was due and received a phone call a few days later. Acceptances don't always go out all at once, so I wouldn't give up hope for NU. The visit weekend for Berkeley is this weekend and two weeks from now, so I think it is likely they have sent all of their acceptances out. It still might help to contact the department though. 

So when I call them, could I go straight to the topic and say

"Hi, I am a PhD applicant for 16 Fall. It is in February but I haven't got emails from your department. Would you mind helping me check if I am on the waiting list? Thank you so much!"

Or do you have any suggestion about contacting the department? Thank you!!!!!

Has anyone applied to Cornell and heard anything?  It seems like there are no results for this year yet, but they usually come in by mid to late January based on previous years.  I'm starting to assume not hearing anything back at this point means rejection from most of my schools and that at this point the focus should be on current acceptances and visits.  All my other schools I haven't heard back from have already accepted a bunch of people on the results page so I'm just waiting for the rejection letters at this point.

Ceuats, I applied to Cornell as well, no word back yet. I don't think they've sent out any acceptances yet (according to the results board), but I could be wrong.. Contacting the department doesn't hurt either if you'd truly like to find out.

Has anyone heard anything (rejections, acceptance etc) from Washington State University Chemical Dept? Have they given out admits or still making decison? Havent heard anything from them yet, not even a rejection. 

Applied to WSU Chemical PhD. Please Help!

Edited by ab1991

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 5:28 AM, percheme said:

Any more exciting news?

Got an offer from U of Houston last weekend with tuition waiver + stipend. Still waiting for others, I'm getting nervous. My top choices are U of Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Utah. Anyone heard back from any of the three i mentioned?

I emailed the department and found that I am in a wait list of university of connecticut. If you have better choice, please reject the offer of Uconn. 

I have applied PSU, UVa, WPI. Anyone have any information about these schools.

Is it typical for schools to not notify you if you end up on the wait list?

I've hard back from less than half of the schools I applied to and its pretty late in the admissions process. Any thoughts?

Hey everyone

I'm still waiting on Cornell and UPenn, any word on them? or when their visitation is? (so i can assume I'm not in, I emailed UPenn but no respond so far)

any thoughts on Georgia tech/Columbia phd program? (got in)

On 2016/3/5 at 11:59 AM, akcc2319 said:

Hey everyone

I'm still waiting on Cornell and UPenn, any word on them? or when their visitation is? (so i can assume I'm not in, I emailed UPenn but no respond so far)

No word from Gatech.

On 3/2/2016 at 1:45 PM, adlai_kat said:

Is it typical for schools to not notify you if you end up on the wait list?

I've hard back from less than half of the schools I applied to and its pretty late in the admissions process. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't give up hopes yet. I emailed some of the schools that I haven't heard back from and they told me decisions would be made by early April. 

Did anyone here from Pittsburgh, SUNY Buffalo or Michigan State?

I got offers from UMBC (PhD in ChemE) and Wayne State (MS) in early February, but still waiting for the others. 

On 3/14/2016 at 1:06 PM, NM_ChemE said:

I got offers from UMBC (PhD in ChemE) and Wayne State (MS) in early February, but still waiting for the others. 

If you are talking about PhD, im still waiting for Pitts as well.

Getting tired of waiting -_-  It has been more than 2 months since I finished most of my applications. Quite a few rejections so far but no good news in last few weeks other than the two.

On 3/16/2016 at 10:16 AM, alexxyc said:

If you are talking about PhD, im still waiting for Pitts as well.

When did you submit your application ? This is the only university in which I submitted the application late (in February). I am worried about that a bit. Congrats on U of Houston. It's a good program! 

I have got a decision to make between my UT Austin and Georgia Tech ChemE PhD offers. Both with GA Funding.

Anyone with knowledge about the ChemE program in these schools should kindly help with a reply.

Thanks.

On 3/4/2016 at 10:59 PM, akcc2319 said:

Hey everyone

I got into UPenn, didn't hear anything from Cornell.

On 3/14/2016 at 4:06 PM, NM_ChemE said:

I got into Pittsburgh.

• 2 weeks later...