Chances on getting in to Columbia?

emylauren2794

I'm majoring in CPJJ (Child Protection and Juvenile Justice) and will be graduating in 2017. I have a 4.0 currently and I have a part time job in customer service. I heard Columbia's acceptance rate for MSW is around 61% but I'm not sure on this. I have good grades, I'll gain some work experience, and I know three people who could give me great recommendations. I know it's a long way off, but what are my chances of getting in? I really want to go to Columbia because I think it would be a tremendous learning experience for me but I'm really scared of being rejected. 

Edited by emylauren2794

Trust me your profile is way better than mine and I am still applying to Columbia. I heard people with sub 3 GPA got it to Columbia so I don't think GPA plays major part when it comes to grad school admission. I could be wrong but I want you to try. With good essay, recommendation and resume (relating work experience), you should be fine. You won't be regret!