Visit Days Meetups

any5

It appears that many of us will be potential cohortmates.

It may be a nice idea to coordinate meeting up with each other on visit day(s) so that we at least "know" some people there.

Maybe post on this thread your planned visit days and then we can pm each other to coordinate

41 minutes ago, mm3733 said:

Hey! I'll be at the Cornell visit day on 3/14.

I forgot to mention where I'll be: Northwestern/Kellogg on 2/29, Wisconsin-Madison on 3/11, Cornell on 3/14  

Delaware - Feb 22-23

Boulder - March 4-7

Davis - March 10-13

Eastern Sociological Society, Boston - March 17-20 (not a campus but still, figured some of you all might be there) 

NC state - March 24-26 (NOT official visit weekend!! I can't make the official one due to ESS) 

I would be at the Rutgers visit on March 3rd, but I likely have to Skype in because travel via public transportation (I don't have a car) cuts to close to my March 4th flight/visit. 

26 minutes ago, sociology767 said:

Any5--I'll be at the Northwestern visit day. Have you already done the travel agent thing?

I'm going for MORS + Sociology program (joint with bschool).. Its more an on campus interview.. I booked my flights and they'll reimburse up to a certain amt

1 hour ago, sociology767 said:

Any5--I'll be at the Northwestern visit day. Have you already done the travel agent thing?

I'm going! The travel agent things is super simple. Waaaay better than when schools do reimbursement. Shoutout to Penn State for also using a travel agent.

I think I'm going to go to every visit I've been invited to except Washington and Austin (conflicts).

9 hours ago, Katastrophe said:

I'm going! The travel agent things is super simple. Waaaay better than when schools do reimbursement. Shoutout to Penn State for also using a travel agent.

I think I'm going to go to every visit I've been invited to except Washington and Austin (conflicts).

For Northwestern, have they sent out info regarding the travel agent yet? Or is that next week?

Edited by spicytunaroll

On 2/21/2016 at 2:52 AM, spicytunaroll said:

For Northwestern, have they sent out info regarding the travel agent yet? Or is that next week?

I think it depends on when you told them that you're interested.  I haven't received the guidance, but I'm expecting it this week.

Edited by sociology767

1 hour ago, sociology767 said:

I think it depends on when you told them that you're interested.  I haven't received the guidance, but I'm expecting it this week.

Yep. I said I could come and then quickly got the info.

Highlights: travel agent will auto pay flights around 350, rest will be charged to you BUT northwestern will reimburse you another 350 or so if necessary. If you aren't travelling by air the max reimbursement is 300. Grad students will host :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2016 at 6:43 AM, any5 said:

For those of us Wisconsin admits planning to attend visit day, I hope to find you among the *40* prospects who are going :P !

40 People?! Holy. It'll be a regular party. 

On 2016년 3월 9일 at 9:43 PM, any5 said:

For those of us Wisconsin admits planning to attend visit day, I hope to find you among the *40* prospects who are going :P !

What?? Really that many??Is it a reliable estimation...??:D

4 hours ago, puton said:

What?? Really that many??Is it a reliable estimation...??:D

well they sent out one email that wasn't bcc: regarding a neighborhood tour, and counted no less than 40 to: addresses..

8 hours ago, any5 said:

well they sent out one email that wasn't bcc: regarding a neighborhood tour, and counted no less than 40 to: addresses..

Wow! So many....!!

On 3/9/2016 at 2:47 PM, any5 said:

It doesn't seem unreasonable. Wisconsin cohorts are larger than average. Anyway, it's not as if all 40 are necessarily going to accept their offers. I don't know what their yield rate is, but it could potentially be as low as 50% (or possible even lower).