My stats vs others who have been accepted

I am a senior CSD major at a large university that has an excellent CSD program. My cumulative GPA is 3.4, CSD is 3.5, and these will both go up by the end of this semester, hopefully to a 3.5 and a 3.6 respectively.  I am taking the GRE soon but my practice tests are landing me in the mid 150's for verbal and quantitative sections. I know these scores aren't the most competitive, however, I know they aren't bad either. 

I have experience shadowing school SLP's, I work full-time during the summers, and I have an on campus tutoring job. I am also involved in various clubs on campus, including Greek Life and NSSLHA. 

I am wondering where other's with similar credentials to mine have gotten accepted. I am willing to apply anywhere in the country, so location definitely is not an issue. 

3 hours ago, slphopeful2017 said:

I am a senior CSD major at a large university that has an excellent CSD program. My cumulative GPA is 3.4, CSD is 3.5, and these will both go up by the end of this semester, hopefully to a 3.5 and a 3.6 respectively.  I am taking the GRE soon but my practice tests are landing me in the mid 150's for verbal and quantitative sections. I know these scores aren't the most competitive, however, I know they aren't bad either. 

I have experience shadowing school SLP's, I work full-time during the summers, and I have an on campus tutoring job. I am also involved in various clubs on campus, including Greek Life and NSSLHA. 

I am wondering where other's with similar credentials to mine have gotten accepted. I am willing to apply anywhere in the country, so location definitely is not an issue. 

You can find a lot of stats by accessing the "results" page here on the grad cafe forum.  If you click on the menu icon in the upper right corner (at least on my iPad) you can scroll down to results and once on that page can narrow your search by major and institution.  Keep in mind, however, that it is likely skewed towards the higher stat people who are probably more likely to post their info.  Don't let it discourage you, just take the results with a grain of salt.  And then get back to work on doing the things that will actually help you get admitted in the first place! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! First off, good luck to you when applying to schools! 

I personally, had similar stats and was heavily involved in the field with research and volunteering and outside of the field. I applied all over the country last year also. I applied to ten schools total, got waitlisted at maybe three and was accepted to one off of the waitlist which is the school I currently go to. Its not going to be impossible for you to get in but I think it will be challenging. I thought schools would look more at my experience in the field which was extensive for an undergraduate but I think they look more at the numbers most of the time. You should definitely apply but do your best to have a great SOP recommendations. To be honest, and I know this is so hard to do, don't stress. If you don't get in and have to take a year off, it will be ok. Most people in my program had at least a year in between undergraduate and graduate school and applied twice. 

If you have any questions let me know, I'd be happy to answer them :)