Chemical Engineering Fall 2017 Application Results

Kevin1234

4 hours ago, Kevin1234 said:

I have been admitted to UIUC and rejected from UT Austin and Stanford. I'm still waiting for MIT and UW-Madison, but I think chances are pretty slim. 

Yeah, MIT, Upenn and UW-Madison are taking a lot longer this year than previous years right guys?! Starting to lose hope.... Would be nice if anyone accepted into these three schools (or currently studying there) can come forward and let us know if they are done accepting people so that I can move on and book my flights for my visitation xD

Anyway for those still waiting on Caltech, I got an acceptance from them last week and two weeks ago, I was sent an email notifying me that I was short-listed. (Up to you guys to interpret what this means for your chances). I have also been accepted by UCSB this week so for those waiting on that, all hope is not yet lost!

Edit: If you're not comfortable posting on the forums, you can PM me!

Edited by faith_hope
Additional info

2 hours ago, faith_hope said:

Yeah, MIT, Upenn and UW-Madison are taking a lot longer this year than previous years right guys?! Starting to lose hope.... Would be nice if anyone accepted into these three schools (or currently studying there) can come forward and let us know if they are done accepting people so that I can move on and book my flights for my visitation xD

Anyway for those still waiting on Caltech, I got an acceptance from them last week and two weeks ago, I was sent an email notifying me that I was short-listed. (Up to you guys to interpret what this means for your chances). I have also been accepted by UCSB this week so for those waiting on that, all hope is not yet lost!

I've been accepted to Upenn - not sure if they're done accepting people, but they have recently sent out a second email asking people to confirm if they're coming to the recruiting weekends or not. People are free to interpret that as they will. Would love to hear from Caltech or MIT though so I could also plan my weekends. 

On 2/4/2017 at 1:16 AM, Kevin1234 said:

I have been admitted to UIUC and rejected from UT Austin and Stanford. I'm still waiting for MIT and UW-Madison, but I think chances are pretty slim. 

Could you please post the screenshot of your applyyourself page for UIUC. I have also applied to COSM which uses the same application software, but is showing a slightly different format.

16 hours ago, aud94 said:

Could you please post the screenshot of your applyyourself page for UIUC. I have also applied to COSM which uses the same application software, but is showing a slightly different format.

It's like this below. My status is still submitted, but I have received an acceptance email from a professor.

•  

• APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED Submitted Icon

PRINT RECEIPT
    • Submitted Date: 12/31/2016 4:38:00 PM EST
  • RECOMMENDATION PROVIDERS:

• Professor 1: Submitted, 11/20/2016
    • Professor 2: Submitted, 1/6/2017
    • Professor 3: Submitted, 11/17/2016
Edited by Kevin1234

On 2/3/2017 at 7:01 PM, faith_hope said:

I got the acceptance phone call from MIT on January 29 and as far as I know they have been sending out acceptances already (a person in my class also got in). I'm international btw. The visit dates are March 3-5 and March 17-19.

Edited by kranky_cat

2 hours ago, kranky_cat said:

I got the acceptance phone call from MIT on January 29 and as far as I know they have been sending out acceptances already (a person in my class also got in). I'm international btw. The visit dates are March 3-5 and March 17-19.

Would you mind telling us who called you? Also, do you know what date is the last date to sign up for the school visit? They should finish sending out acceptances before that date. 

2 hours ago, kranky_cat said:

Thanks for letting me know, I guess my chances are pretty bleak now then :( But its ok, congratulations to you!

18 hours ago, Kevin1234 said:

Would you mind telling us who called you? Also, do you know what date is the last date to sign up for the school visit? They should finish sending out acceptances before that date. 

It was a professor in adcom but not my faculty of interest. They didn't have a deadline for me.

18 hours ago, faith_hope said:

Thanks for letting me know, I guess my chances are pretty bleak now then :( But its ok, congratulations to you!

Well I never thought I would get in, and the other person got the acceptance two weeks before me, I think, so maybe they're still giving out decisions. But hey you got into UCSB and that's a great school. Best of luck with the other ones!

I applied to 9 schools (MIT, Princeton, UC Berkeley, University of Delaware, Carnegie Mellon, Drexel, UMass Amherst, Tufts, UCLA)

Accepted: University of Delaware, Carnegie Mellon, UMass Amherst, Drexel, Tufts

Rejected: MIT, Berkeley, Princeton

Waiting: UCLA

Leaning towards Carnegie, but waiting on visitations to make final decision. Got a lot of answers pretty early (Princeton, CMU, UDel, Drexel, Amherst). Most recently I heard from MIT, Berkeley, and Tufts.

8 hours ago, FlessSincere said:

Is anyone still waiting on UW or Cornell? Does anyone have any info?

I heard from UW a couple of weeks ago. My potential PI reached out and said they're interested in inviting me to the visit weekend.

I haven't heard from Cornell. I'm also interested to know if anyone here has heard from Cornell? I saw some people posting their acceptance early Jan

On 2017/2/24 at 11:20 PM, kaydee23 said:

I heard from UW a couple of weeks ago. My potential PI reached out and said they're interested in inviting me to the visit weekend.

I haven't heard from Cornell. I'm also interested to know if anyone here has heard from Cornell? I saw some people posting their acceptance early Jan

My acceptance to Cornell came in around early Feb, and I think that was when they sent out the majority of the acceptance letters.

13 hours ago, eantipo said:

Has anyone heard from Georgia Tech. Ohio State and Cornell (PhD's)?

I think Georgia Tech has sent the letters a week after the deadline

Does anyone know if Carnegie Melon is still accepting?

I'm still waiting on CMU, UCLA, UIUC, TAMU, and UConn.

I guess my chances are pretty low at this point... :/

PS: I'm a domestic applicant

Edited by guguk