(MS) Should I expect an email from the department after admission?

pvacek

Question

I found out via an email from graduate admissions that I was accepted. Should I expect to receive an email from someone from the department as well, even though i'm an MS student? I'm still unsure what the acceptance deadline is, details about funding, etc

2 answers to this question

I'm in the same boat as you. I was admitted last Monday at the University of Delaware for the MS in Disaster Science & Management but yet no email from the department. I did email the director to ask some questions and he told me an email would be sent soon for the Admitted Students Open House in April, but no official email about the admission. I thought they would send an email atleast in the same week as the notification arrival. 

Yes, you should eventually expect an email. From my experience, sometimes the notification of decision and the email to coordinate things like the details of the offer and the visit dates (if any) might come a few weeks apart. But if you are worried, it doesn't hurt to send the department an email saying that you got notification from the graduate school and you have some questions about the program. You could then ask if you should expect an email with more details or if you could ask some questions now.