MS/PhD Profile Evaluation (Statistics/Biostatistics)

Hello, 

I would greatly appreciate an evaluation of my profile for the upcoming application season, and any tips/advice offered. 

Undergrad Institution: Large State University
Program: BA Mathematics 
GPA: 3.54
Type of Student: Domestic White Male
Courses: Calculus II & III - A+, Intro to Higher Mathematics - A, Differential Equations - A+, Linear Algebra - B+, Probability - B, Intro to Statistics - A, Symbolic Computations - A, Vector Calculus - A+, Theory of Computation - B, Real Analysis I - C+, Abstract Algebra - B
Currently in: Graph Theory, Number Theory, Mathematical Statistics I 

GRE: 
Haven't taken yet, but shouldn't be an issue 

Research Experience: Completed one REU, and I will be attending another this summer 

Research Interests: Ecological modelling, infectious disease modeling 

Awards/Honors/Recognitions:  Undergraduate scholarships, Dean's list

Letters of Recommendation:
To be decided

Concerns/Questions:
How bad is the C+ in Real Analysis? Is it worth retaking if that's a possibility? What could I do to strengthen this application even more? 

Schools of Interest: 
Purdue 
University of Florida
University of Georgia
University of Connecticut 
University of Virginia 
Boston University
Colorado School of Mines 

Please let us know if you're applying for an MS or a PhD at these schools.  This is an important consideration in "how bad is the C+ in real analysis".  Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like your only (completed) proof based mathematics courses are abstract algebra (B) and real analysis (C+).  If you're interested in a PhD admissions committees will want to see evidence that you can handle proofs, and I think this is the biggest place for improvement in your application.

You could do this by taking Real analysis II and doing well (probably the best idea) or something like complex analysis, topology, etc.  You have another year left in school correct?

Of the schools, I was considering applying to the PhD program for all but Boston and Colorado. 

Linear algebra, intro to higher mathematics (basically introduction to proof writing), and Theory of Computations were all proof-heavy too. 

I have one year left of school. I plan on taking a year long thesis course, along with Mathematical Statistics II. I have room for 5 more courses next year. The only drawback to talking Real Analysis II is that it's only offered in the Spring, so any grades wouldn't show up until after decidions. So far I have been doing well in number theory and graph theory which are both proof-based. 

Thank you for your feedback!

Edited by oli1995