MBA admission chances

Cbiland

Question

I want to get my MBA in Finance in a seveal years and wanted to get some feedback.

I just graduated this month with a BA in Economics from a non target state school with a low GPA (~2.3) due to a illness in the family taking most of my attention during the first half of college but my last 3 semesters had an average GPA of a 3.59. I am about to start working at a F500 Financial services company while studying to take the CFA. Since the company offers 90% tuition assistance I was thinking of getting a Master's in something like Econ or statistics to show I can handle the workload of business school (after I pass all 3 levels of the CFA). If I do very well in the Master's program and get over 700 on the GMAT would this help to offset my low undergrad GPA?

If so do you think I would have a chance at getting into a top 30 program? Thinking NYU, Columbia, Wharton, Cornell, etc for MBA.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet