I think this is the case too. Coz they are going to interview US based candidates on the 22 feb visit weekend and they didnt invite me coz I am an international applicant
I do know what 'waitlisted' means, my question is- while I also have an interview with a POI,I also am waitlisted, arent these two things kinda conflicting?
applied for nutrition, phd program, got a phone interview with POI next to next week, although, my app status says 'waitlisted by dept', what should i make of these conflicting signals?
from what I infer, a phone interview generally means they are interested, but then why does the satus say 'waitlisted'. Is it possible that the status doesnt mean what it implies?
I have applied for the nutrition (PhD) program at:
Purdue,Rutgers,Tufts,Case Western,UConn,VirginiaTech,Univ of Kentuchy,Univ of Nebraska-Lincoln
Havent got responses from any of the above yet,but I was expecting that since they generally give out decisions in March. Still, cant stop checking my mail 10 times a day.
If anyone has applied, have got any deciision from the above universities, or from other nutrition programs, please reply.