Jump to content

LittleBlueHouse

Members
  • Posts

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LittleBlueHouse

  1. Hooray, you!!! Congratulations!
  2. I have to second this. Last year I had a few options and ended up choosing the best program "on paper." There was little cost to me, and I was dazzled by the way the numbers worked and lost sight of the fact that I'd never really connected with the school. I ended up regretting my choice to the point of pulling the plug before beginning the program. Just because the finances are right doesn't mean the program is an automatic fit. Make sure the program speaks to your soul and makes your heart flutter a bit!
  3. bwh15, I considered UMassD in a previous application year. I was also pleased with the funding offer (at the time) and the facilities (Star Store building). I also thought the faculty and students I met seemed to be friendly and smart. I got a very intentional vibe from the place; that people there are choosing it for specific reasons and forging their own paths. Not a super well-known program, but a lot of cool stuff to offer, in my opinion. And proximity to Providence/Boston/NYC doesn't hurt.
  4. Madhini, you have my empathy. I've gotten that same impersonal email before. Keep the faith! Thinking positive thoughts for you. Thanks for your well wishes. Chewgumdrawlines, it sounds like we are in the exact same situation. Arrrrgh! I can elaborate later, but I totally feel you. Lots of time still for things to evolve. Czarina, thanks for your thoughts. You sound grounded and ready to kick ass, and I hope you do! Milkyways, thanks also for your thoughts. So much wisdom here. Good luck, everyone. Choosing today to believe anything is possible.
  5. Madhini, I'm very sorry to hear it. I've also been waiting on word from them. Was it by email?
  6. Is the waiting game wrecking anyone else's sleep and/or stomach health? I'm still waiting to see if my alternate spot turns into something real. Wouldn't it be civilized if there was a universal notification date?
  7. So sorry to hear it, Meowmers. Hoping the right thing comes through for you.
  8. Hi all, I'm new here. Congrats to all on acceptances, and my empathy to those still waiting. Question for those with multiple offers: will (or have) you commit instantly when your ideal program accepts you, or will you weigh several offers for awhile? Just trying to get a sense of what's typical --if there is a typical?-- as I weigh my odds of my alternate status changing. Thanks for your thoughts. Trying to keep hope alive!
  9. I'm the first alternate --again-- for a spot I covet beyond words. Someone tell me there's hope? Anyone keeping anything they are ready to decline?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use