I'm getting anxious to accept a program (MA English). I feel like it looks sort of bad on me if I wait until like the last day of the deadline? And personally, I just want to know where I will be the next two years, and I want to get started on meeting fellow students, being a part of a community, etc.
I've been accepted into two programs (Ball State University, Purdue University) and waitlisted at one (University of Kentucky). I've told one of the accepted schools (Ball State) that I won't be attending because I have a solid offer from a better school (Purdue University) (I worded it much nicer than that, I promise), so that leaves the one accepted program (Purdue) and the one waitlisted program (UK).
The thing is, my accepted school told me that if I receive an offer from my waitlisted school, then to tell them first, because they would be willing to counter-offer. That really surprised me, but would be awesome. So what do you think I should do? Hold out and wait for the waitlisted school to offer? Both are great programs and would be happy at either.
Thanks for the advice ahead of time!