TheTachyNurse
Members-
Posts
42 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by TheTachyNurse
-
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
Only 50?!? Yikes ? they told me they typically get over 600 applications. Do you know if this includes online students as well or in-person only? -
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
Congrats!! UofA is killing me. Mine switched to under review last week but I have a feeling nothing will change until late this month. -
University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.
TheTachyNurse replied to Kayne Mbego's topic in Public Health Forum
Good question ? I have two degrees, a BSc in Kinesiology and an accelerated BSc in Nursing. I've been working in Public Health for quite some time now as a nurse and I have noticed many gaps. Health Promotion is a very upstream form of thinking which our medical system has slowly begun to adapt but I want to work on filling those gaps so hopefully within an MPH it increases my knowledge-base and accreditation to work more provincially/nationally and perhaps get into policy changes when it comes to health and the way the client (or consumer) views it. How about you? -
University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.
TheTachyNurse replied to Kayne Mbego's topic in Public Health Forum
Online part time as well -
University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.
TheTachyNurse replied to Kayne Mbego's topic in Public Health Forum
@Lamb1 did you apply for on-campus or distance? -
University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.
TheTachyNurse replied to Kayne Mbego's topic in Public Health Forum
Last year I noticed acceptances as early as the first week of March in the forums (around March 8th I think someone posted about their acceptance). I hope if not by next week then the week after for the first round ones to slowly roll out! -
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
Amazing! We are in a similar boat. I have a BSc in Kinesiology and an accelerated BScN. I've been in PH a little over 2 years now, I previously dabbled in ortho-trauma but PH is my passion. No research background but lots of community volunteer experience, doing outreach within the community, mental health and sexual health. I also was a supervisor at one of the mass immunization clinics for COVID-19 within the greater Toronto area which was a cool experience. Because I have been out of acute care for almost 3 years it has discouraged me from seeking an NP as I know they want you to still have somewhat of a knowledge base. Does your lakehead application say under review? Mine changed a couple weeks back to under review and my UofA one just changed today to under review....keeping my fingers crossed! -
University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.
TheTachyNurse replied to Kayne Mbego's topic in Public Health Forum
YES! Just today it is now "under review" - pretty much just choked on the chocolate I was eating when I saw it, I have been checking daily so I was not expecting it to change. -
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
Amazing! I wish you luck! I did not do the NP stream, it retrospect I should have applied for both MPH NP and MPH Nursing but I was so nervous since the majority of my nursing career has been in PH and not acute care. What is your CV like for nursing? ? -
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
Wild! I keep telling myself that I won't look up my application status until I am notified that they have made a decision, but it is just too hard to resist. And I do not know what would be worse, having an active forum where so many people are posting about their applications changing/results or having these dead forums and being almost completely in the dark when things start rolling out. -
Did you get any movement yet? Someone in another forum applied to the same stream as you and theirs just went to "under review". Mine is still stuck in pre-screening for HPro....
-
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
I was thinking this as well! Both schools I applied to extended their deadlines for applications. I wonder if there was an extremely low number of applicants all around. I work in Public Health right now and I feel like many people are fearful to say they currently work in PH because of the hostile environment the pandemic has caused, so I would not be surprised if that deferred a lot of people's interests. ? -
University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.
TheTachyNurse replied to Kayne Mbego's topic in Public Health Forum
No movement on mine unfortunately. Submitted back in November for MPH-HPro Part-Time Distance. The waiting game is KILLING me. -
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
Interesting, I was reading through 2021 and 2020 and HPro went out as early as mid-Feb! Hopefully some news coming our way these next few weeks. -
University of Alberta, MPH applicants Fall 2022.
TheTachyNurse replied to Kayne Mbego's topic in Public Health Forum
Still in the pre-screening stage, submitted early November 2021! -
Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada
TheTachyNurse replied to SupremeThunder's topic in Public Health Forum
Hello! Anyone else apply to UofA Health Promotion for part-time online and/or Lakehead MPH with specialization in Nursing? I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been checking my applications daily for status updates. UofA still in pre-screening since November *sigh*, but Lakehead updated this week to Under Review since submitting it mid January! -
Which stream did you apply to at UofA? I applied to UofA Health Promotion for part-time online and my application has been in "pre-screening" since I submitted it in November. I also applied to Lakehead MPH with the Nursing Specialization and my status changed to "under department review" this week. Good luck to you all, I hope we all receive good news!
