womanonline
Members-
Posts
79 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by womanonline
-
FINALLLYYYYYY. I hope CNF hits soon. UArizona and UNLV are the only two I haven't heard from, and it feels unbelievably late to not have heard anything. I think I'm going to email UArizona tomorrow and finally check in because I swear I've seen them send out acceptances and waitlists on the spreadsheet awhile back, so I don't understand why they won't put me out of my misery.
-
I can't believe March is almost over and I still haven't heard anything from three programs -- UNLV, Colorado State, and UArizona. I've seen on the spreadsheet that all of them have sent out some sort of decisions at some point, but not rejections. I'm really just waiting for the assumed rejection, and it's so frustrating that it hasn't been sent out yet!
-
Hi, I think you're being very rude, intrusive, and obsessive in asking how much money we got from programs (and implying that Jess didn't get much money from Columbia as some sort of own? I'm pretty sure they went to Columbia, but whether they did or didn't, this would still be a weird comment. They're trying to protect people from going into debt over an MFA that you can get elsewhere fully funded). If we wanted to share that information, we would. Columbia, this year, has given scholarships that seem to range from $20-50k based on the Draft Spreadsheet, since you seem so interested. I don't see what each individual's scholarship package has anything to do with you to this degree of seeming interrogation, and I haven't appreciate the multiple quotes and personal messages. Please take a moment to consider why you're asking this and how you're coming across.
-
I honestly thought I would've heard from all schools by now.. Still waiting for UNLV, UArizona, NYU, and Colorado State -- many, if not all, of which have already sent out acceptances and waitlists. Put me out of my misery!!!!!!
-
You're welcome and thank you! I hope you get good news too!! And last intel is that the portal still isn't updated; I just checked. Looks the same as it did before. I'll probably give it a day or so. Should I email him back now or wait until tomorrow?? Seems late for an email, but he emailed me at like 7:30 p.m. his time lol
-
They emailed! They gave a lot of resources to find info about the school and financial aid and housing and offered a call to discuss course formating, etc. It also said in the email "You should've received an email from the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid with a link to formally accept or decline," but I haven't received any other email, so I assume something is still forthcoming. Like a portal update type thing that looks official and such.
-
GUYSSSSS I JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO FUCKING COLUMBIA!!!!!! Holy shit I don’t know what to do I’m just eating dinner and now what do I do?? Throw up??
-
I can't believe I still haven't heard anything from Colorado State. I'm assuming it's a rejection, but why haven't they sent them out yet? Same with University of Arizona. Also has NYU done any CNF yet? I don't think I've seen it, but it seems odd with all of the other NYU genres going out.
-
Iowa NWP rejection has hit my email
-
Accepting this as canon now
-
Mine still just says that my application has been forwarded to the academic department for review; that's been there for weeks. No update otherwise
-
Who are we all hoping to hear from this week? I'm expecting Colorado State (I actually think they're a little late?), NYU, and Columbia. Potentially UNM and UNLV. I think it's going to be a busy week. Wishing everybody luck!!! Also -- is anyone else still confused about Iowa NWP? Why did they just send out one acceptance and waitlist on the same day over a week ago and then disappear? Plus, it was historically very early for them to be reaching out. Still holding onto impossible hope for that, I think
-
Okay I got accepted to SAIC and now I’m already seeing the worst in it… Is it sketchy that I was told they’d do interviews and then I didn’t get one? Also I’ve seen a lot of people with acceptances to programs getting personalized emails and/or calls, but I just got a generic email to check portal and then a very short, generic acceptance in the portal. Is this typical? Should I give it some time? I thought it was usual procedure to have someone personally reach out rather than a form portal update. Am I just seeing the worst in things or do some schools just operate like this?
-
Omg I just got into SAIC??? I never got an interview, but I just got an email to check my portal and I'm accepted???? I can't believe it omg. Hope: Renewed.
-
The Facebook draft group spreadsheet. Someone posted that they got accepted into Iowa for poetry at 9 pm ET last night. Doesn’t necessarily mean the call happened at 9 pm, that’s just when it was put on the spreadsheet
-
Y’allll Iowa poetry acceptance has hit the draft
-
I don’t think BowelMovement applied for CNF; I was just passing along the info for them! But I think all of us CNF folks are jealous of miffy. In a lot of ways, I had big dreams thinking I would be miffy so I’m keeping an eye on it. Living vicariously through them at the moment. I did not know about the NWP calendar …. That seems so soon if it’s true that they all went out two days ago? It sounds like that’s to find current students to help with the newbies later, not like that meeting occurred then. So maybe Febos is just getting everything in order. Still… the silence all around is just atrocious atm
-
You should sign up for Informed Delivery if in the US! It’s free with USPS on the website. It’ll send pictures of what you’re getting in the mail to your email every morning so you only have to check your mailbox if you need to! Still a form of torture, but may make the mailbox less scary and focus everything to the email LOL And I’ve been wondering about this! Now I’m wishing whoever was wondering if miffy was lying was right 😭 but I don’t really think that. It is weird there was only one acceptance and one waitlist, though, and then crickets. Those also came out so early compared to previous years and then possible rejections so late. So maybe they’re doing it differently. I don’t know, but I hope we find out soon
-
Jesus Christ, miffy in the spreadsheet strikes again. And RIP Oregon State waitlist for me 💔 Genuine question — at what point do I face reality that I don’t think this will be my cycle? I’m being told a lot of “don’t give up hope!” But I’m worried that will make it worse when the inevitable happens. Having my life on hold like this for the Maybe of one of these schools accepting me when I’ve already got three rejections and four soft rejections is starting to feel worse than “giving up.” I guess I’m looking at it less as giving up and more as getting back to my life. Watching the Draft and waiting for emails feels like I’ve entered a different reality and my life is going on without me LOL. I really do think I’ll have to try again next time, and I feel like the don’t give up hope stuff is holding me back. I feel like it’s less about hope at this point and more about practicality. It’s sad and disappointing for sure, but I would’ve felt those feelings at some point anyways. I don’t know. I know that you won’t know until you know, but I feel like I really do know based on all of the evidence. Maybe I’m talking in circles
-
Melissa Febos please put me out of my misery
-
Does Iowa NWP do snail mail or email rejections?
-
I’m going to throw up, there’s already an Iowa NWP acceptance and waitlist, both emails from Febos. One says accepted less than 4%. Does this mean they’ve all been sent out? It’s so early, I wasn’t expecting this
-
Came here to congratulate you as well, I remember seeing that Montana was one of your top choices!!! Congratulations, celebrate that huge win today!!!
-
Today has been suspiciously quiet…
-
I’m hoping I just hear from someone this week; it’s been over two weeks since I’ve heard from any schools (Northwestern on 2/5 was my last) and it’s driving me crazy!! Thought I would’ve heard from Oregon State and Colorado State by now. I still think it’s weird we didn’t see any SAIC interviews on the spreadsheet also
