Jump to content

womanonline

Members
  • Posts

    79
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by womanonline

  1. Febos is my favorite author, the idea of her calling me on the phone regularly makes me want to pass out but is also my daydream to get me through the waiting 😭
  2. I know that Iowa typically accepts 25 fiction and 25 poetry. Is the Nonfiction Writing Program the same? It seems to be separate from the rest and I can’t find any confirmation of this online
  3. There have been three Iowa fiction acceptances on the spreadsheet. One on the 19th, 20th, and 21st. I really do think they’ll continue making calls until Tuesday, not to mention waitlists as well!
  4. Crossing my fingers that Oregon State CNF waitlists will be today. The fiction and nonfiction acceptances seem to be one day apart, so hoping that the waitlists will be too (fiction waitlists came out yesterday)
  5. It looks like people have heard from all of them (granted, maybe different genres or waitlists but still) besides the most recent one posted a few hours ago. They also consistently put Nonfiction as genre besides most recent one, which does seem odd because U of U does have a nonfiction track. I suppose the amount of acceptances could be a red flag with no rejects, but I guess it's possible. I just don't see what the point in lying about it would be if so?
  6. I'm so jealous with them being in CNF with 6 acceptances and 1 waitlist (and also had an interview logged as well) so far, whoever they are. I mean, congratulations and that's incredible, but I would be lying if I said I hadn't noticed and wasn't jealous too LOL. But also means they'll open a lot of waitlist spots for people, so at least there's that!
  7. Seeing Iowa on the draft just made my heart stop… Based on last year, looks like Nonfiction responses come last and that feels especially cruel 😭😭😭
  8. I can't believe Oregon State hasn't fully released decisions yet. There were a few fiction acceptances, one nonfiction, and that was all last week I think. No waitlists or rejections (or poetry, if they have poetry). I still haven't gotten an answer, and it's driving me crazy! Why are they so drawn out?
  9. Dear Oregon State and UArizona -- Please please please please please please please
  10. I forgot about President's Day. I was really hoping to see the continuation of Oregon State's nonfiction acceptances (and hopefully waitlists as well). But waiting a little bit longer won't kill me. Also waiting for my rejection from Arizona since it seems like they've done acceptances and waitlists. I still think it's weird that we didn't haven't seen any SAIC interviews on the spreadsheet, as they said they'd have requested and conducted all of them in the first half of February. Who are y'all hoping to hear from this week?
  11. I told my aunt this morning about my three rejections. She reached out because she hadn't heard from me; I've been kind of avoiding updating people I didn't have to. I talked previously about not wanting to tell people because they just say, "You'll get in somewhere!" But she didn't say that, she said this: "Then those weren't the schools for you. Or this wasn't the time. Keep going. Keep applying. Success comes from staying the course. See the rejections as a building block and stepping stone to the next present place your feet are to stand." I wish I had told her sooner because I didn't realize how badly I needed to hear that from someone who knew me. And I know it isn't the same, but I'm passing it along to you guys if you need some strength and care right now.
  12. Oregon State’s first CNF acceptance has hit the draft, sent via email which is weird bc the fiction ones were mostly calls. Calls give me more hope that it’s staggered than emails do 😭
  13. Been in kind of a funk since getting these three rejections, and today I reread Letters to a Young Poet by Rilke. It’s been awhile. I love that it seems to always hold true for me that I read a book when I’m supposed to. And truly this one helped me both feel more confident in my craft and more accepting of myself and what’s to come (or not). I might need to read it a few more times as this process unfolds, but it helped me today. Recommending
  14. I’m assuming the same about JHU. They don’t have CNF so I didn’t apply, but I know this is a top program for many fiction and poetry applicants and has been waited for this week. Congratulations to everyone who got through, and for everyone else, do something nice for yourself this week ā¤ļø
  15. I really feel the disappointing someone else thing. I don’t really know anyone that knows anything about MFAs or writing or this process. My friends and family read my writing, but they don’t really know what’s good and what’s not. They, along with my professors, have all said the ā€œthere’s no way you won’t get inā€ stuff, and it’s breaking my heart more now that I have 3/12 rejections already. Because there’s the initial rejection that I get. Then I have to take that rejection and pass it along anytime someone asks me how the process is going. I wish I hadn’t told anyone I was applying most days, but this has been a huge part of my life for months now so there was no way I could’ve done that. It’s like I’m having my heart broken multiple times, and it’s harder to keep my chin up. I feel like I’m prepared if I get all rejections — I knew what the odds were — but my loved ones really don’t understand how hard it is to get into these programs. They keep saying I’ll get in somewhere every time I get rejected like it’s a given and I know they’re just trying to be supportive, but it’s just making it 10x harder in a lot of ways. The pressure feels crazy intense when there are other people involved
  16. Another Oregon State fiction acceptance….
  17. I’m hoping they do. I’ve only seen fiction on the Draft for Oregon State. Choosing to believe nonfiction hasn’t gone out yet
  18. I’m going to assume at this point that SAIC sent their interview requests and it’s just no one on Draft
  19. LITERALLY my heart stopped thinking they changed their mind… Nope, they’re just rejecting me again, only more officially this time
  20. I’m confused. Looks like UMass sent out more acceptances amidst the Vanderbilt rejections. Do they typically sent more acceptances after the initial ones + the rejections? Odd
  21. I’m surprised we haven’t seen SAIC interviews this week on the spreadsheet. They’re normally around this time, and they said in an email that interviews would be sent out and done in the first half of February. Maybe it’s just no one on Draft, but I’m curious about that. Got my Northwestern rejection šŸ’”
  22. Though my pessimistic mind is telling me that all acceptances and waitlist are probably out, you also don't know until you know. None of us know for sure if they've sent all of them out. May as well hold onto some hope for a little bit longer
  23. I would guess Litowitz sent acceptances and it just wasn’t people from Draft bc idk why they’d send waitlists first. So I’ll be waiting for my rejection email tomorrow šŸ’”
  24. I also thought Litowitz would’ve been out on Monday. Or at least some sort of movement with it. I still think it will at least be this week. Fingers crossed
  25. I saw that they were making the workshop group recently but it seemed like the person who posted about it was looking for a specific style (dark/gothic/experimental if I remember correctly). I could have this wrong but that’s why I didn’t join bc my stuff isn’t like that and it’s also CNF. Is the group for all types?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use