Jump to content

asm0deus

Members
  • Posts

    22
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by asm0deus

  1. Congrats!!!! Mine were significantly later. 8 days between call and official letter for one! If I were to guess, I would say it's just a contractually "official" sense that they were referring to. Like the decision isn't available for you to accept or decline until the letter comes through. If you're worried, you could always reach out and ask for clarification. I'd be shocked if any school called you, then rescinded the offer without some large-scale funding loss or smth Another possibility—though I thought most schools do this BEFORE accepting—they send accepted apps through the grad school afterwards, which to my understanding is more GPA, background check stuff to make sure to meet requirements for admission. So as long as you've got a bare minimum profile (sometimes they list these requirements online or in app info), grad school will approve you and then you're good. Just speculations here, but I think you're all good!
  2. anyone on Mississippi waitlist, keep ur ringer on 😛
  3. looks like an interview on 2/24 then a waitlist on 2/25
  4. you dont even wanna know how many rejections i've gotten in three years... i was seriously down. this year has been a handful of good responses for me, but I was in the same boat for the first two years. if you think about it... 15 rejections, we're talking probably 3-8 spots each, but also 300-1000 apps each. on the LOWEST end, that's like a 2% acceptance rate (math?). AND you're still in college. your app is already less likely to be chosen. Odds are stacked against you. Try again next year and you could get 15 positive responses. Just don't let it get you down. One more year to focus solely on your work rather than college, build a stronger portfolio, grow that CV. You'll get in.
  5. last year i got something similar before rejection the wording was really odd i remember
  6. hehe do u mind deleting i guess they didnt want me to do that LMAO
  7. oops asked to delete
  8. I used the same all three years lol, felt kinda bad about it too but at the end of the day, it's a much easier task the second year (just time consuming). the letter is already written, just gotta upload unless you've had some internship or new (writing related) job or something, the ones you have are probably best anyway. if your references know anything about MFA, they'll understand.
  9. Nope, at least not from last year or going back to 2021, but hey who knows!
  10. i feel this. i was getting really down over it all. this was year THREE for me, probably 30 rejections total. first and second year i only got 2 waitlists each and second year i "got accepted" at a school that lost funding so they couldn't admit me. all those waitlists said no this year. even the school that was GOING TO ADMIT ME!!! it feels so mean! but this process is so unfathomably complex. i think because schools are also trying to build their cohorts to be both dynamic but also connected well between admitted students and current students, there's just so many outside factors. even waitlists being unranked goes to show it. it's crazy because i constantly see it in the spreadsheet—someone gets in at a big school and then receive nos across the board. honestly it helped me feel a little better to see those in the spreadsheet though haha. you really only need one yes! i wish they utilized a more tiered rejection system to at least give us all the indication that we're not the worst writers ever lol. keep your head up! easier said than done, i get it. we're all rooting for you.
  11. Montana CNF came out early March last year, same for Seattle poetry. Couldn't find anything for UNLV screenwriting, but for other genres, it seems to be anywhere from end of Feb to mid-March!
  12. she says they have already selected the applicants for all genres, but doesn't think they have made calls yet. She was waitlisted on feb 15 last year so i would definitely expect news soon! and absolutely to the genre fiction there. It's great for that (see: comics focus). if you're in the MFA draft, there's a very detailed posting about USF that she made!
  13. My sister goes there right now for MFA fiction if you have any questions!
  14. Third year applying, so many nos and I just got in at Cornell. I can't even find any words right now. So shocked. Don't give up
  15. its so random but i notice the most movement from 11am EST - 4pm EST. usually not before 9am EST, usually not after 5pm EST but there's always the outliers
  16. UMN acceptances have gone out, no waitlists listed yet Arizona sent out acceptances and WLs on Feb 14 last year Only 1 WL for Alabama is out right now, so unclear if acceptances sent out too Ole Miss jus started sending 2nd round notifs like an hour ago UNCG sent interviews Feb 28 last year SC sent out WL on Feb 25 last year Idaho is usually end of Feb Arkansas sent out WL on Feb 21 last year That's what I found! Some didn't have acceptances listed but I assume those went out on or before the WL days
  17. I saw, was wondering the same thing... in past years, they always did acceptances one day, and waitlists the next, then rejections a day or so later. So Saturday just seems odd, since nothing else has gone out since. guess we'll see tomorrow?
  18. same with me and @carrruly ! seems it’s a weird way to say “sorry we’re taking so long sending out rejections!” but i do know the school my sister got into ended up admitting someone who was initially rejected (don’t scare urself too much with that info) so maybe they just wanna avoid that and keep a stock of a few extra people?
  19. Well shoot…. maybe we’re the only ones…? Maybe??? I’m all waitlists this year (and was WL at NC State last year) so I guess I’ll be waiting around anyway. So strange, though!
  20. Welp, if anyone wants a glimmer of hope: my assumed soft R at NC State was just confirmed by email to be a “second waitlist”! Kinda odd but they said I’m not in first round acceptances or waitlists but they are still holding my app for review. Never had that before. But hey, if you’re waiting on some potential soft rejections, don’t lose hope yet!
  21. Does anyone know why U of Idaho would send out an email yesterday saying this: "Your application for admission to Creative Writing-MFA for the Fall 2025 term is currently under academic program review. Depending on the committees’ schedule, the availability for the program, your area of focus, or waitlisting procedures, the review may take up to several months. Please allow the academic program sufficient time to thoroughly review your application. You will receive a notification once a decision has been made." They've already done acceptances and waitlists as far as I can tell, so I assumed a soft rejection but,,, this is giving me false hope. I was WL there last year so I'm hoping for something good... Anyone else get this email? Or is anyone still waiting on them?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use