Hi! I'm an international student currently studying in the US. I applied directly from undergrad this cycle, and received a PhD offer from OSU and a waitlist from NU. After the campus visit, I felt OSU may not be a great fit. The department is very strong in public opinion and political attitudes, which is simply tangential to what I want to pursue. Also, I had a somewhat awkward meeting with the faculty I want to work with, which may be a red flag(?).
If I couldn't get off NU's waitlist, my outside options are MAPSS and Columbia's MA in Polisci, which award me fellowships of $30,000 and $20,000. My research interests in gender and social movement are interdisciplinary, so I will apply to some sociology programs if reapplying. I understand that each cycle is getting ever more competitive, so I genuinely need some advice regarding the worst-case scenario: shall I turn down my only acceptance and reapply?
Thanks so much to anyone replying. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!