I've been fortunate to receive some acceptances, but I've been waitlisted at almost the same rate. Has this been happening to anyone else? I'm wondering if there was something off with my application materials or if this is just due to admissions being competitive.
I also haven't heard back from princeton yet. Has anyone heard back from UCLA? There has been rejects and one accept posted but my portal doesn't have an update yet.
Do you guys think acceptances/waitlists/rejections will come earlier or later than last year due to funding constraints/risks some departments are facing?
Has anyone heard about programs decreasing their cohort sizes this year? I had an interview where a professor said they were planning to admit only 1/3 of the number that they usually admit. I’m not sure how widespread this is across programs, though.
Does anyone know whether Berkeley sent out interviews for American Politics, or whether it requires interviews for all subfields? I’ve seen interviews for CP, IR, methods, and theory being posted.
Do you need to have an interview to be accepted at Duke? I've heard varying things (e.g. "Duke only interviews candidates in specific subfields or candidates that they are on the fence about" vs. "you need an interview to be accepted").