Bohm
Members-
Posts
17 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Everything posted by Bohm
-
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well preparing for the fall. It's been great to be in touch together through this form during this season of our lives. My final update is after accepting the NPSIA offer, I will be declining it to instead attend Balsillie/MAGG. The BSIA program aligns completely with my research interests. The offer was hard to ignore. It was surprising as for so many years of my undergrad I was convinced NPSIA was the best and only option. I only submitted my BSIA application an hour before the deadline. Funny to reflect on these choices and where we ultimately end up! Wishing you all the absolute best in your MA programs. Bohm -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Has anyone heard of/applied to the Balsillie School of International Affairs at uWaterloo? Thoughts? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
The only other school I applied to was Basillie. A central decision factor personally is finances... getting real now trying to think of how to financially manage the degree. Second factor is trying to weigh which school best appeals to my specific research interests. -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
And for those who accepted their TAships - have you all made your TA profile already as instructed? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Are we all in this thread moving forward with NPSIA? Wondering how you guys are thinking about housing. Room mates? Studio? 1 Bedrooms? Etc... -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
I think you're golden then homie. Let us know how it goes!!! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
A final update friends, I also received my offer and will be accepting. Hope to see you all next fall?! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Sooo nice my friend! So wonderful! Big congrats. Yeah, the econ requirement killed me - if we both go next fall, we have to take macro/micro again and stats hahaha... ahh!!! Congrats again It's a good day! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Oh my goodness!!!! Big congratulations! That is so incredible. Did you apply to other schools as well or was NPSIA the dream? Were you offered a funding package/TA position? If you are comfortable sharing, but no worries if not! CONGRATS! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hey AAR, thanks for posting! Lol, just hopped on to say the same - mine has since returned to 'Review in progress by department', despite being at Recommended for Assessment yesterday. -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Reporting movement on my end - status changed to Recommended for Assessment. Did you guys have the same change? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hey! For myself, I am wanting to pursue the masters option - so I did name a professor in my statement who I thought would align with my research interests. I did not contact the prof prior to submitting my application. I would say if you are not wanting to complete any research, it might be more strategic to focus your statement's content on the relevancy of the courses you hope to take and perhaps why you feel the course-based option is the best approach for you, your interests, and your goals post-graduation. Curious what others might think! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
If you reach out, please let us know what they say! We are waiting so patient lol -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Are you guys applying to the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) and SSHRC for funding related to your proposed research? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Thanks so much for the reply! I didn't make it to the session on the 28th - but this info is so helpful and gives a lot of relief. All is well -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Thinking about the change in specialization mores... is anyone planning on reaching out to admissions to see if they need anything updated? In my statement of intent I specifically named Security and Defense Policy... -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
Bohm replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hey guys, thanks for setting up this form! I also have been scanning this form but only seeing threads from years ago. I submitted on October 19th, all references were submitted by October 30th, and yesterday my status also changed to "review in progress by department". It would be so great to hear back a decision before the new year, truly so great. I am hoping we get more updates soon! Thanks for highlighting the merging of the specializations lol... My top choice for specialization was Security and Defense Policy (SDP) which now is no longer an option. Second choice was Intelligence and International Affairs (IIA) which now seems to translate to the stream National Security, Intelligence and Defense (NSID). I hope that discrepancies does not have any impact on our applications!
