phynpwdt
Members-
Posts
17 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by phynpwdt
-
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
I'm so sorry to hear this, this is their loss! : ( -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
I'm so sorry you're going through this : ( If I may ask, for NPSIA were you planning on doing course-based or thesis-based? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Figured this would be useful information, I saw someone in a similar situation to mine on Reddit (low NPSIA funding), and someone commented that you can try asking NPSIA to match the funding if you get a more competitive funding offer from another program! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
I have also declined my offer from Carleton and will be attending GSPIA! Good luck to everyone! : ) -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Thank you! Same here. NPSIA is giving me very little funding compared to GSPIA, and I would also have to complete summer school beforehand for NPSIA, but not GSPIA. I'm sort of torn atp : / -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hey! Just an update, I got a conditional acceptance (on re-doing econ) to NPSIA earlier today! I am leaning towards GSPIA because I get a much more generous funding package with them, but I'm having some trouble deciding tbh. -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hi guys! Just an update, my application has moved to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral affairs" a few hours ago. I'm hoping I'll finally hear back soon! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hey, I'm domestic but, I applied at the end of January. I still haven't heard back. I thought the deadline was Jan 31st, unless you were affected by the federal public service layoffs? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
I was thinking to apply, but didn't end up applying. I could be wrong, so please take it with a grain of salt. The Balsillie school has a couple of programs, some of which are at Waterloo (Master of Global Governance, Master of Development practice) as well as Wilfred Laurier. At least for the Master of Global Governance, I've heard that they're a bit more research-focused -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Oh that makes a lot of sense, thank you! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Congrats!! Sorry, can I ask what do you mean by better implemented within the government? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
I applied for GPSIA, and got some funding. I'm waiting for NPSIA, but I think the primary deciding factor for me would be how much funding I get -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
It's the same for me too, on Carleton 360 it says preliminary review required, but then on Carleton central it says "Review in progress by department" as well...I am confused🙃 -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
I'm in a similar position. I accepted my offer for GSPIA, but I am still waiting to hear back from NPSIA. I hope we hear back soon! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Oh lord that must be stressful, I hope they get back soon, best of luck to you too! -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
My application moved to “Review in Progress by Department” about two weeks ago, and it’s still showing that status (My last reference submitted their form at the end of January 🙃), I'm not sure what to think. Is anyone else still in this stage? And does anyone know roughly when we might expect to hear back? -
NPSIA (Carleton) – MA International Affairs Fall 2026 Admissions
phynpwdt replied to MJHawke's topic in Waiting it Out
Hi! I apologize if this question isn’t meant for this forum. I’m currently working on my statement of intent for NPSIA. The admissions FAQ says to “indicate the issues and the professors whose research you are interested in,” but when I emailed the program they said it isn’t necessary to include this, especially for the course-based master’s. I’m wondering if it’s still advantageous to name a professor and their research interests to strengthen the application, since the website mentions it. For those applying to or enrolled in the course-based option, did you include this in your statement? And if you did, did you contact the professor beforehand?
