Jump to content

Walter Hartwell White

Members
  • Posts

    33
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Walter Hartwell White

  1. Ugh I kinda get this. I had a professor tell me I am “too talented to be a teacher/professor” and that he thinks I’ll get into a good amount of them. Lol.
  2. There was 3 waitlists on the draft’s spreadsheet afaik.
  3. I got an acceptance today into an MS English program (regardless I want to go to grad school in the English field for the fall but I’d LOVE an MFA). Then I was rejected to Vanderbilt. The. Whiplash. Is. Crazy. Oh well, I definitely didn’t feel like “good enough” for that one anyways.
  4. I’d assume if they get into their top choice soon, they’ll know and turn down the ones they already got.
  5. Well this gives me a little hope maybe poetry is coming tomorrow then. But for now I’ll just expect rejection so I can’t be disappointed either way. I figured Vandy is one of my biggest stretches anyway.
  6. I guess where I’m like off track at is it seemed consistent for fiction and cnf but not poetry. Fiction seemed to be delayed possibly from the snow by just one day. It’s hard to say though… it seems like less in the group got a Pittsburgh interview this year than last year so the sample size could be smaller for us and therefore less notices. But damn I hope I get an interview. I think that was the school I finally bested my SOP with so it makes me nervous for others if I don’t. That and it’s in my top 5. edit: but then again… they could just not like my way of writing poetry which is pretty bold and a bit experimental and deny me for that and me easily get in somewhere else SOP aside but.. idk.
  7. I thought for sure Pittsburgh for poetry would have came out 2/3, and now it’s 2/4 with nothing! I’m starting to wonder if no one on the spreadsheet got an interview for poetry or maybe they’re just behind for whatever reason on sending it…
  8. Hoping for a Pittsburgh interview request this week (they seem to do poetry last and they did fiction and cnf already.) I think Newark also did interviews 2/7 so maybe them next? edit: I meant to quote but I think I did it wrong.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use