Jump to content

goodoldneon

Members
  • Posts

    22
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by goodoldneon

  1. I've heard excellent things of Sarah Lawrence's fiction faculty from my professors. I don't think Columbia's program is necessarily better than Sarah Lawrence's, at least not that better which worth a double cost.
  2. i got an acceptance almost a month ago
  3. Hi! Thank you so much! It's so nice of you to say that. I will made my decision on Wednesday. I'll dm you the program name that you can expect a movement by that time. Thank you again and congrats to you too! I hope you have a wonderful week.
  4. A highly precise self-introduction. If it seems to you that everyone else is going the wrong way, perhaps you ought to pause and examine yourself.
  5. I honestly don't know, they only told me that there are no exact date while they receive many applications. I think it won't hurt to have some hopes. You are not rejected until you are rejected.
  6. fyi, I met with a professor in Arizona's program last week, arizona's results haven't came out yet (at least fiction haven't came out), and I believe they still need some time.
  7. I'm also a senior in college. According to other's experience, it's very rare to be admitted to an funded MFA program right after finish the undergraduate. So don't take the decisions personally while you don't need a mfa or a yes from a professor to be a writer. Write more, read more and you'll find ur own path.
  8. I received my dream offer. The school asked me not to share it. But I'm so excited! I got a call from one of my favorite authors, I was so thrilled! I was so excited I was almost incoherent on the phone. I'm just so happy.
  9. People do turn down Iowa for a variety of reasons: more funding from other programs, a better fit of style, or a professor they greatly admire and look forward to working with ( like george saunders in Syracuse). Iowa is the most prestigious, but people also consider more than just fame.
  10. I heard they still have budget issue this year. They already cut their class size.
  11. Iowa do send personal rejection based on my friend's experience. And be hopeful! You might be the next one who receive her call.
  12. I think this kind of comparison is unfair. When Mo Yan and Yu Hua were growing up, creative writing didn’t exist as an academic major at all, and higher education was far less widely available. Many writers of their generation never received a college education, but that was more like an exception produced by their time. In today’s Chinese literary world, it is still very hard to get published without connections. And we can see how many bad writers, like Jiao Dian, manage to enter a strong creative writing program, become a famous master’s student, and then rise smoothly through publishing. Twenty years ago, talented writers like Yan Ge could still make their way through writing contests. Today, that is almost impossible as well.
  13. Thank you so much! Congratulation to you too!! We may can see each other in st.louis on September
  14. Acceptance! WashU! The entire February feels like dream. I'm so excited and very grateful.
  15. I'm really torn about Iowa. It was truly my dream school (probably because of its reputation), and it's where I first learned about the MFA program and started considering pursuing it. But after learning more about it, I realized I don't really like their faculty's writing, and my professor has been telling me that many people are disappointed after going to Iowa, so I should seriously reconsider. But I'm still hoping for a result, though I think it's probably too early to think all of these, they'll likely reject me outright.
  16. Congrats!!!! We had almost the same weekend: I got accepted to Madison, rejected by ASU and waitlisted by Michigan. We might be classmates in September!
  17. That's normal. Some websites are quite confusing. They will only show the status when they have a result but before that happen, that page still be referred as Application status page.
  18. Waiting for Syracuse and University of Arizona's fiction results this week. Is that true that we could possibly start hearing from Iowa this weekend?
  19. That's the book I think every young people who want to be a writer should read. Please don't take any rejection personally, there are way too much applicants and only a few spots.
  20. Quiet Friday for fiction, hope we can hear from more programs next week
  21. is there any possibility northwestern haven't sent fiction's result yet? so anxious.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use